April 28, 2024, 06:20:03 AM

mod-io - internal power supply

Started by rbc, February 22, 2013, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbc

Hello,

I am about to buy a mod-io and raspberry pi, plan is to use them to control a few small power AC water pumps, and sample a few sensors with the ADC. The raspberry requires 5v DC, the mod-io and the sensors I believe anything between 8 and 30v.

I'm planning to assemble everything in a small enclosure, and have a single power cord go from the main to this enclosure, and have the cables going to the pump and senors exit directly.

There is no space for a normal micro usb charger + the power supply on olimex.com + wiring to get the main into the relays and out to the pumps.

Here's the questions:
1) what is the PWR_J plug on the mod-io board? size, length? I found plenty that look like that one but have slightly different dimensions, but could not find the exact specs in the documentation online.
2) I was looking for a small power supply with AC as input (ideally both 110 and 240), and two DC outputs, -5 +5? attach the sensor and mod-io to the -5 and +5, attach the raspberry to +5 and ground. Does this sound reasonable? any suggestion of a small power supply to order / buy for cheap? any alternative?
Ideally with terminals to screw the wires to it easily and safely.

Thanks!

LubOlimex

Hello rbc,

1. Our boards usually use power jack for a 2.5mm male. This is it - YDJ-1136 connector -http://store.comet.bg/Catalogue/Product/24563/.
2. I can't recommend you any supply since there are too many on the market and the form factor and accuracy are personal choices. As long as it is not very expensive and doesn't deviate more than 10% from the expected it should work.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex