ESP32-gateway...different revision

Started by luca1978, May 15, 2024, 02:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luca1978

i have 3 unit:

-1 unit....esp32-gateway revision E (works correctly)
-2 units...esp32-gateway revision G (not works)

i installed mini lcd in both units to pin 11-12-13-14 and i connect pins 12 to 9....in revision E it's correct work, but in revision G no...

can you help me?

best regrads
Luca

LubOlimex

There are major changes between those two revisions.

> i installed mini lcd in both units to pin 11-12-13-14 and i connect pins 12 to 9....in revision E it's correct work, but in revision G no...

GPIO9, GPIO10, GPIO11 in revision E shouldn't be used in first place since they are connected to the internal memory. In newer revision they were completely re-routed from the headers so that you can't affect the memory. Probably one of these two major changes affect your work:

- GPIO6-11, which are used by the ESP32's internal flash, were disconnected from CON1 and the 6 SD card signals are now routed instead for use when SD card is not present;
- SD card changed from 4-bit mode of operation to 1-bit mode of operation! Added 3 NA resistor pads (R9-R11) for backwards compatibility.

You can find full revision changes and track the changes that occured from revision E to revision G here:

https://github.com/OLIMEX/ESP32-GATEWAY/blob/master/HARDWARE/README.md
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

luca1978

ok, quindi non c'รจ modo di farlo funzionare? dovrei trovare due schede con revisione E?

LubOlimex

Can you use other free GPIO pins instead of GPIO9, GPIO10, GPIO11?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex