STM32-E407 SysTick Issue in STM32 CUBE IDE

Started by josephma, April 16, 2024, 09:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephma

I have setup an STM32 Project in CUBE IDE v1.15.0 which is the latest version. I am trying to blink the LED on the board.
But the issue is whenever I call the HAL_Delay() function, the program goes into an infinite loop. Otherwise when I comment out HAL_Delay() and try to single step my code to toggle the LED status, it works.
I presume there is some issue with the SysTick interrupt. I tried assigning highest priority of 0 to SysTick, but to no use.
Please help me to sort out this issue.

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

josephma

Thanks for the reply. I checked out the threads shared by you. It mentions about raising the interrupt priority of SysTick, which I did but achieved no success. The problem still persists.

LubOlimex

Is LTDC lower priority tho?

"All delay and timeout HAL functions rely on a counter incremented in the SysTick handler. If you are using any of these functions in another interrupt, you have to make sure that the SysTick interrupt has a higher priority than that interrupt. Otherwise, the SysTick handler is never called and you will end up in an infinite loop, as the counter will never be increased."
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex