MOD-MP3-X SD Card Problem in UEXT Smart Control Mode

Started by luukschip, February 21, 2013, 05:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luukschip

Hello,

I've been working with MOD-MP3-X for a while now, and everything was working fine, until today. I switched to a different SD card and now, when I start the device in smart control mode, the output is the following:
QuoteStarting...
Codec initialized.

Pls, Insert Card and restart!

The strange thing is: If I start the device in standalone mode, all is fine and I can play the files on the SD card.

Does anyone know what causes this problem?

Luuk

Andriokas

Hello,

I have the same problem with cards
Sandisk 2gb micro SD
Kingston 4gb micro SDHC CL4
EMtec 16gb micro SDHC CL4
works fine in standalone, and same error in smart mode... also don't work like mass storage

Kingston 16gb micro SDHC CL10
works good in standalone and in mass storage mode, but is smart mode i have error:

Error initializing SD card!!

I tested fat and fat 32 - nothing helps...

Maybe there is limitations or only special cards works?

It's pity that support@olimex.com sleeps :(

Andriokas

Could someone share information witch cards realy works on this mod?

LubOlimex

Hey Adriokas,

Unfortunately, only 1GB SD cards are confirmed to work and this is due to old libraries/drivers used in the firmware project (some of the library files are from 2005...). I have added this issue in our TODO list, but I can't promise a release date - might take a month or two.

One way to fix the problem is to compare and update the library files (especially the files describing the SPI and SD/MMC) in the project (https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/MP3/_resources/MOD-MP3-X_demo_6_30.zip) to the files in newer IAR demo examples for STM32F103 boards (part of the IDE).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

LubOlimex

Hey Adriokas,

Disregard the last message! The demo is now fixed. Should work better with more of the cards. Ensure the card is formatted in FAT32 and has no bigger than 64kbyte sectors when formatting.

To get the new demo visit again the web page of MOD-MP3-X (and remember to refresh it): https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/MP3/MOD-MP3-X/.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex