OLinuXino-Micro and battery power

Started by Mike Thompson, September 29, 2012, 06:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Thompson

I've got a 3.7v Li-Ion battery pack to power my OLinuXino-Micro and it appears to be working pretty well.  Since I'm working with the 3.7 kernel I still need to port the battery charging code in the kernel, but hopefully I'll get to that soon.

Unfortunately, the iMX233 doesn't have a built-in 5v DC-DC converter to supply battery power to the USB port so USB peripherals can be run while on battery power. I guess a small external DC-DC converter will be needed.

Does anyone know of a reference design for a 5v DC-DC converter circuit that could be adapted to a modified OLinuXino-Micro board? I'm assuming the 5v output from such a circuit would need to be put into the input of the SY6280 and perhaps controlled by the USB_EN.

olimex

Hi Mike,
please check A13-OLinuXino schematic https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/HARDWARE/A13-OLinuXino/A13-OLinuXino_Rev_B.sch.pdf there we use SY7208 to step up from 3.3 to 5V for the USB
I got lot of e-mails from people asking where they can source the components we use in our OLinuXino boards in small quantities and we are going to setup components section on our web where these like SY8008 SY7208 SY6280 etc may be ordered

Tsvetan