Case or enclosure for new AgonLight2 PCB

Started by tonedef, January 17, 2023, 02:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonedef

Will Olimex be selling a case or enclosure that perfectly fits their new AgonLight2 PCB?

LubOlimex

Make sure to also check the facebook group for the AgonLight project, in the comments you can find some customer-made designs and 3D printable cases:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/agoncomputer/
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Erik007

Hi,

yes I know, that I wrong here.
But there seems to be nothing in the forum about AgonLight2 and the possibility for the CP/M operating system. Where can one get this information?

Best Erik

tonedef

Quote from: LubOlimex on March 10, 2023, 08:21:54 AMMake sure to also check the facebook group for the AgonLight project, in the comments you can find some customer-made designs and 3D printable cases:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/agoncomputer/

Excellent!  Thank you for your post.

For coming back here yesterday to answer my own question from almost two months ago, I guess I can give myself a shout-out, too.  Yay, me!  ;D

tonedef

Quote from: Erik007 on March 10, 2023, 04:10:14 PMHi,

yes I know, that I wrong here.
But there seems to be nothing in the forum about AgonLight2 and the possibility for the CP/M operating system. Where can one get this information?

Best Erik
If I understand correctly, CP/M on the AgonLight is possible by flashing a custom, modified version of the VPD firmware (to support ANSI VT100 terminal emulation) which breaks the functionality of the BBC BASIC interpreter.  To maintain the ability to also run BBC BASIC, the official Quark VPD firmware must be modified to ensure compatibility for both Quark MOS and CP/M.  That development work is still underway, I believe.

The latest news regarding AgonLight usually gets posted here and at the Agon Light WIKI, so check these regularly for any announcement when a version of the official Quark VPD with support for CP/M becomes available.