ESP32-POE will not reliably boot and unable to flash

Started by justlikeef, November 21, 2022, 02:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justlikeef

As you can see from the picture, my boards are red, so they are at least from a different run.  I'm wondering if there is something about these red boards.  Several people that are having power or similar stability problems have posted pictures of the red boards.

Please let me know what you would like clearer pictures of.  I see no evidence of solder bridging at all.  I will solder headers on to a new board and pull the plastic strip of if that is a question.

The board I pulled the headers off of has been running for 24 hours now without incident.

justlikeef

Here is a closeup of the headers on a board having this problem.  I am testing it now to see how long it lasts.

LubOlimex

Good that you removed the plastic that would clear things up. I was going to suggest that. Let me know how testing goes.

I should have mentioned that we run prototypes before release in green silk screen (for in house testing and keeping), the color of the silk screen doesn't matter. Revision matters and the revision of the board that I used is the same as yours. We are currently at revision K of the boards and I couldn't find any older revisions made for customers (since we are out of revision I).
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

justlikeef

I ended up with a solder bridge on one board which caused the some strangeness after a few minutes.  That's the one that resolved when I removed the headers.

I also found that the BH1750 light sensors that I was using were burning out after a few minutes of use and causing the exact same symptoms.  Replacing the sensors with another has completely resolved the issue.

Here's to Murphy...

LubOlimex

Glad these issues were resolved successfully back in 2022. Let's hope no such weird bugs would pop out in 2023!
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex