A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND flash type

Started by guilhem, September 17, 2022, 11:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guilhem

I don't think I need the industrial temperature range but am considering ordering a A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND for the 2GiB RAM (I don't need WiFi either).  "-e8G" suggests it uses 8GiB eMMC flash but that's not entirely clear to me from the product page, could you please confirm that's the case?

I'd like to boot from that flash chip and also use UEXT, and from the schematics I understand that's only possible for eMMC.  Also, I'd like all GPIO pins to be available, and as far I understand PC4 and PC7 are not available when a NAND flash chip is installed.  Is UEXT usable on then A64-OLinuXino-2Ge8G-IND when booting from the 8GiB flash chip, and are all its GPIO pins available?

LubOlimex

Yes, "-e8-" means 8GB eMMC memory.

Yes, using latest Olimage Linux images you can boot from the eMMC. Yes, all UEXT pins are available and also a lot of the pins at the GPIO1 header - notice that both UEXT and GPIO1 come without connector - these are just pinholes.

You can find more about Olimage Linux here: https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/DOCUMENTS/OLIMAGE/Olimage-guide.pdf
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

guilhem