Anyone willing to get rid of their TERES-I?

Started by fraolt, February 11, 2024, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraolt

Hi,

I'm doing kernel development for the pinephone and in the process apparently broke the TERES-I (both are based on the same System-on-Chip, the Allwinner A64).

I am not really looking for a new gadget, but I would like to at least properly rectify the bug I introduced. Is anyone willing to lend or donate their laptop for getting the Linux kernel running on the device again?

I'll be willing to pay for postage fees. I'm located in Germany.

kreyren

fraolt is a Linux Kernel developer who's been very helpful in getting Linux 6.5+ display to work, said that having access to the device in any of hackerspaces located in Berlin would be sufficient.
* Community Lead Developer of Teres-2
* Maintainer of OLIMEX Teres-I on Armbian, NixOS, PostmartkerOS/Alpine
* Co-Author of an Official OLIMEX Teres-I support for Parabola GNU/Linux
* World record holder in annoying Tsvetan with questions about OLIMEX Teres-I hacking

DiTBho

kreyren

Quote from: DiTBho on February 29, 2024, 08:41:46 PM
Quote from: fraolt on February 11, 2024, 03:41:08 PMI'm doing kernel development

well, why don't you buy it? as I did.

Because there are a lot of kernel developers who work on teres-related components who don't use teres and it doesn't really make sense for them to buy teres just so they can test one patch and then leave it on the shelf..

So i am trying to figure out a way to do hardware sharing via e.g. https://hackerspaces.org so e.g. if you live in germany you could take a bus to the city, get in a hackerspace and have access to the device for things that are difficult to test over sending patches to the tester.
* Community Lead Developer of Teres-2
* Maintainer of OLIMEX Teres-I on Armbian, NixOS, PostmartkerOS/Alpine
* Co-Author of an Official OLIMEX Teres-I support for Parabola GNU/Linux
* World record holder in annoying Tsvetan with questions about OLIMEX Teres-I hacking