STM32MP - Possibilities

Started by szoshi, February 23, 2024, 04:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

szoshi

I am considering buying a STMP1 module to test the STM32MP chip to replace an application which currently uses a RPi.

The board should satisfy following criteria:
1) Dual display if possible. The STMP157-OLinuXino-LIME2 has an HDMI output and an LCD connector. Is a dual display mode possible here? Has it been tested?
2) Bare metal development support. Does ST provide packages to run simple bare metal applications on the STM32MP or does it only provide support for Linux?
3) JTAG debugging support. I can see that the JTAG pins are routed to an external connector so this should also be possible?

It would be great if someone could clarify how far the boards from Olimex can satisfy the above criteria. Thanks.

LubOlimex

What do you want to show on the displays? I am not sure if STMP157-OLinuXino-LIME2 has the computing power to play high definition, high bitrate videos on two displays. It is not a very powerful chip.

The rest should be doable but will require significant software effort, yet the STM documentation is much better than most Linux chips. Also there are some projects like this one:

https://github.com/4ms/stm32mp1-baremetal
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex