I2C PINs

Started by markus2330, December 30, 2021, 03:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markus2330

Dear Olimex Community,

I am a very happy owner of several A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 with Linux a20-olinuxino 5.10.47-olimex. They booted like a charm and everything seems to work. I am, however, struggling with finding PINs on the hardware, in specific I would like to connect the I2C-Pins as used by the kernel driver /dev/i2c-* with a MOD-IO(2). (I know that there is a A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-UEXT.)

Where I looked so far without success:

• In the A20-OLinuXino-Lime2_Rev_L_BW.pdf the only reference to I2C is about an internal EEPROM.
  • https://pypi.org/project/pyA20Lime2/ does not mention anything about which hardware PINs it uses in its example
  • A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-UM.pdf searching for i2c basically only says that pyA20Lime2 should provide more information

What am I missing?

best regards,
Markus

markus2330

I got my LIME2-SHIELD and A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-UEXT, so the question is simpler now: which of the /dev/i2c-*  are connected with i2c of UEXT1 and UEXT2 of the LIME2-SHIELD respective A20-OLinuXino-LIME2-UEXT? Where is such information usually documented?

In olinuxino-overlay I2C0 and I2C1 seem to be disabled, only I2C2 is already enabled.

best regards,
Markus