A13-SOM

Started by Arthur, December 14, 2021, 12:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Sorry for my bad English. Ihave A13-SOM Rev.G If i clone SD Card, my device not working with whis card, but with original card work fine. What am I doing wrong? My log A13-SOM Thank you.

LubOlimex

Well probably old board and new board are different hardware revisions. Firstly is it 256 or 512 MB?

Maybe try the fixed release 4 sunxi image:

http://ftp.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/A13-SOM/Outdated%20Sunxi%20Images/sd/A13_SOM_Debian_kernel_34_90_512MB_mainline_u-boot_21042015_release_4_preliminary.zip
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Arthur

My board 256 Mb. I wanted to do backup my SD Card, but other card can`t work. I tried different SD Card.

LubOlimex

1) How did you back the image up? Did you use some tool for this task or what command exactly?

Maybe if you used older image previously it lacks support for the hardware in the newest hardware revisions. Some software adjustments to fit the new hardware might be required.

2) Can you tell me what was the hardware revision of the "old" board and what is the hardware revision of the "new" board?

Arthur

The board is the same. I used the command dd from Ubuntu 20.04. I think maybe you need additional permissions for the system? 

LubOlimex

Maybe it is the permissions, indeed. Usually it can be copied with:

dd if=/dev/sdh of=/dev/sdb

But you may want to try some ready tool for back up too.

There is a lot of information in other forums like Armbian one about backing up the whole system.

Arthur