Not able to boot up AM3352-SOM EVB from SD card

Started by ganeshand3607, May 27, 2021, 08:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganeshand3607

I am using AM3352-SOM EVB Rev D board.
I have flashed (AM3352_debian_3_12_VGA_1024x768_preliminary_release_4.7.img) into SD card using win32DiskManager tool and connected the SD card to the board.

I have connected USB to TTL converter to UART-0 with baud rate 115200, but not getting any serial messages on serial console.

I have connected Ethernet cable to LAN_1 and changed the jumper setting accordingly.
I am getting below IP when I did the ipconfig on Windows
Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
  Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::984d:1f91:ae4e:ae95%15
  Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.174.149
  Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
  Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Help me to connect with board.

LubOlimex

Hmm, there should be console on the UART0. Try swapping RX and TX. RX goes to TX, TX to RX, make sure you also have connected the GND. The adapter cable needs to operate at 3.3V signal levels.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

ganeshand3607

Yes, I have verified UART0 connection(Board TX -> cable RX, Board RX -> cable TX GND - GND), but also not getting debug message on serial console.
There are Two LEDs on the SD card board one is the Power LED is Glowing and another is the User led is OFF.

Is it correct??

ganeshand3607

I found below comment in GPIO manual,
**LCD DATA PINS #0 TO #15 ARE USED DURING INITIAL BOOT TO SET THE SYSTEM BOOT CONFIGURATION. THE DEFAULT BOOT PRIORITY SET BY LCD DATA PINS IS USB0->NAND->SPI0->MMC0. REFER TO
THE AM3352 DOCUMENTATION FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOYT THE SYSTEM BOOT CONFIGURATION.

Is there any dependency on LCD Pin to set the system boot configuration??

ganeshand3607

Can anyone provide me the pre-build images for Olimex AM3352-SOM Rev-D board?

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex