How to use the RFID1356MIFARE with ESP32 on UART ?

Started by GeorgeFlorian, February 08, 2021, 12:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeFlorian

Quote from: LubOlimex on February 16, 2021, 02:43:49 PMWork key is just key. mkA says to the firmware that the card would use key A.

Wouldn't it have been easier to specify this in your docs ?

Also, I've changed the reader's keys using ka,X command and I can still read all the sectors from my cards. Please note that the cards have been in use and have God know what keys. But your reader reads every sector with any key. How is that possible ?

Also, if I set the reader to read more blocks, let's say 10 (er0 10), and I read the card I get two behaviors:
- one is when I keep the card near the reader until it reads all the sectors and at the end of the block 10 it says OK
- the second behavior is when I do not keep the card near the reader for the full read and it reads, for example, until block 3 and this prompts ERR:0x14.

Why do I get a Mifare: Authentication error (improper Key used) when I don't read all the 10 sectors ?

Brian

QuoteAlso, if I set the reader to read more blocks, let's say 10 (er0 10), and I read the card I get two behaviors:
- one is when I keep the card near the reader until it reads all the sectors and at the end of the block 10 it says OK
- the second behavior is when I do not keep the card near the reader for the full read and it reads, for example, until block 3 and this prompts ERR:0x14.

Reading all 10 blocks take a while, so you have to keep card close. In your firmware you can show to client that reading is done by lighting green or red led, for example. Or other indication.