ESP32-S2-DevKit-Lipo using the native USB interface

Started by xtrinch, January 01, 2021, 05:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xtrinch

Hello,

I see in the datasheet that the native USB interface could be used and you also mention it on the website, but since the CH340T is on the board, the board presents itself through that and shows up under COM ports in my device manager. I'm trying to use the native USB interface but am unsure how.

arduino-esp32 version 4.2 now has support for the native USB interface so it could be used.

Do you have any pointers or should I wait for the new usb version of the board?

LubOlimex

My advice is to wait for the USB board. It is in our backlog to manufacture, the design is complete.

Yes, the hardware design of ESP32-S2-DevKit-Lipo allows to switch from the CH340T to the native USB, but doing so requires soldering quite a few small components (I hastily counted at least 7 resistors and 7 capacitors and a level shifter). Check the part of the schematic called "USB-OTG Option!"

https://github.com/OLIMEX/ESP32-S2-DevKit-LiPo/blob/main/HARDWARE/ESP32-S2-DevKit-Lipo-Rev.B1/ESP32-S2-DevKit-Lipo_Rev_B1.pdf

Everything that is NA is Not Assembled and has to be added. Then the connection between the CH340T and the USB has to be disconnected.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex