ESP32-PRO RevB Upload timeout

Started by MrUgly, April 20, 2020, 10:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrUgly

Hello, I can't upload anything to mi ESP32-PRO. I always keep getting a timeout.
I'm using arduino 1.8.12 and I have installed the packages with ide boards manager.

I have uploaded to the PIC32 the "pic32-default-firmware" sketch and nothing, and after that, I need to reprogram the PIC32 with an external programer (PICKIT3), because the board dont want to be programed by the arduino IDE anymore. I upload the "Olimex_ESP32-PRO_40MHz_VAR_00.hex" and I can reprogram the board once again, but only the PIC32.

I don't know what I'm missing.
Thanks in advance for your help.

LubOlimex

Which Windows are you using? I have colleague that has a problem programming the ESP32 part of ESP32-PRO under Windows 7. I have no issues under Windows 10.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

MrUgly

Quote from: LubOlimex on April 21, 2020, 03:03:24 PMWhich Windows are you using? I have colleague that has a problem programming the ESP32 part of ESP32-PRO under Windows 7. I have no issues under Windows 10.
Hi:
I have installed:
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Ver: 10.0.18363 compilation 18363

MrUgly

Hello again:
My problem still persists, any ideas?

MrUgly

After some time without time to continue with this problem, I give one of mine ESP32-PRO to a friend, to discover that he can upload Arduino sketch's to the board without any problem.
After that I retry this with the last versions of the EPS32 boards, with no luck, a then try the exact same configuration on linux were it function without any problem.
It seems to be a problem in Windows drivers, because I retry the same in my two computers with Windwows10, and both have the same problem, they timeout after some time trying.

LubOlimex

Hmmm, I don't know it works fine under Windows 10 here. Check my screenshots below. Compare with your side. Maybe try another USB port or cable? Did you select the proper COM in Arduino IDE?

Screens:

https://imgur.com/a/pU9XoYc
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

MrUgly

I have no idea, must be some ramdom error from windows. I have tried thre diferent computers and several USB cables with diferent permutations of the four esp-pro boards that I've buyed, with no luck in windows (In linux I have no problem programing the boards).

Here are some pics of the main computer that I use.

https://imgur.com/gallery/KFAmvNB

I heve been uysing a logic analyzer to debug this behaviour, if you want the data I have collected, I can send you the log if tou want.
I have not seen anything suspicius, but i have not much background with the ESP.

Thanks for your´s advise and support.