Downgrade to cgroup v1

Started by oryx_r, January 29, 2024, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oryx_r

Hi,
I want install home assistant supervised, it's ok but I have a warning :

Le système n'est pas pris en charge car la mauvaise version de Docker CGroup est utilisée. Utilisez le lien pour connaître la version correcte et savoir comment résoudre ce problème.

Can you help me to put cgroup v1 and not v2.
Thanks

Dennisleon

Quote from: oryx_r on January 29, 2024, 05:17:02 PMHi,
I want install home assistant supervised, it's ok but I have a warning :

Le système n'est pas pris en charge car la mauvaise version de Docker CGroup est utilisée. Utilisez le lien pour connaître la version correcte et savoir comment résoudre ce problème.

Can you help me to put cgroup v1 and not v2. healthinsurancemarket
Thanks

To resolve the warning "Le système n'est pas pris en charge car la mauvaise version de Docker CGroup est utilisée" and install Home Assistant Supervised successfully, you need to switch Docker to use cgroup v1 instead of cgroup v2. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this:

1. Edit the Kernel Command Line:

Boot into Recovery Mode: Restart your system and enter the recovery mode. The specific method for entering recovery mode varies depending on your operating system.

Edit the Kernel Command Line: In recovery mode, you can usually access a command-line interface. Use the appropriate command to edit the kernel command line. For example, in Ubuntu, you would use the nano editor to modify the /etc/default/grub file.

Add the cgroup v1 Flag: Add the following line to the kernel command line:

systemd.unified_cgroup_hierarchy=0
Save and Reboot: Save the changes to the kernel command line file and reboot your system.
2. Verify cgroup Version:

Check cgroup Version: Once your system boots up, verify that Docker is using cgroup v1. You can do this by running the following command:

sudo docker info | grep cgroup

The output should include "cgroup_version=1".

3. Install Home Assistant Supervised:

Follow the Installation Guide: With cgroup v1 set, you can now proceed with the standard installation process for Home Assistant Supervised. Follow the official installation guide for your operating system.