A20-SOM204 Config Touch Capacitor

Started by garcia_llera, October 01, 2020, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garcia_llera

The capacitive touch of the LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS lcd screen in the A20-SOM204 module does not work for me. I have also tried the 5-inch screen. The 5-inch screen doesn't work for me either.

I have followed the following steps.
 - I have changed the resistors RM3 to RM4
 - I have configured the u-boot with:
    >olinuxino monitor set  LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS
    >saveen
    >reset
 - Debian buster:
     # dmesg | grep Goodix
         [   20.390913] Goodix-TS 2-0014: 2-0014 supply AVDD28 not found, using dummy regulator
         [   20.391104] Goodix-TS 2-0014: 2-0014 supply VDDIO not found, using dummy regulator
         [   20.488807] Goodix-TS 2-0014: i2c test failed attempt 1: -6
         [   20.520655] Goodix-TS 2-0014: i2c test failed attempt 2: -6
         [   20.548544] Goodix-TS 2-0014: I2C communication failure: -6

What is the problem? Can I test the touch in any way? Once working I would like to change the int and reset pins. I don't know exactly how to do it. Do I need to collect the u-boot?
I have worked with buildroot with another device and it was done through DTS but I had the source code.

please help me. Thank you

LubOlimex

Hey,

These are supposed to work, hmm. I have few ideas:

1) Try using the scripts inside the image:

~#olinuxino-display – allows setting different video output;
~#olinuxino-overlay – provides easy way to enable or disable different hardware assignments – different I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, PWM, etc;

Enable the correct display with olinuxino-display, make sure to select the CTS version. Reboot the board and test. If the issue remains try enabling different I2C ports.

Let me know how these tests go.

2) Test with the Ubuntu Bionic Base image, again configure the display using the kernel scripts I mentioned above. All release images for A20 can be found at images.olimex.com/release/a20/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions remarks.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

garcia_llera

first of all thanks.
-The image that currently has neither olinuxino-display or olinuxino-overleay. I have created an image with the latest available version of bionic base.
-I have tried to change the olinuxino.display display configuration with 5cts and 7cts but the touch does not work
-I have enabled various things in the olinuxino-overlay. I have enabled the two goodix drivers that appear (gt9111 and gt928)
-I have enabled the lcd-olinuxino-5 and 7 and I have enabled all the i2c
the result is the same. It does not work for me in the ubuntu sdk and it gives me the same failure in dmesg | grep Goodix

LubOlimex

I assumed you tested with the official images. Olimex provides free software support only for unmodified images here:

http://images.olimex.com/release/a20/

But maybe some other forum user can help you.

garcia_llera

Yes. Your ideas have been tested with A20-OLinuXino-bionic-base-20200731-135750.img

LubOlimex

Ah, there can be some left over problems, please test with this beta test image here:

http://images.olimex.com/testing/a20/A20-OLinuXino-bionic-base-20200929-192304.img.7z

It might be a good idea to attach Ethernet if possible and run

apt update
apt upgrade

In the first run to ensure everything is updated.

garcia_llera

We have changed som and it currently works. It seems that the som has something strange in that i2c.

Is possible to rebuild the olimage image? Do you have information? I need to change  reset and input capacitive pinout.and In the future I will also need to change the driver to goodix to FT5X06.

Thank you very much.

LubOlimex

Yes, it is possible to rebuild the images, we have published build scripts here:

https://github.com/OLIMEX/olimage

Our GitHub contains most of the sources:

https://github.com/OLIMEX

For more specific links refer to the original announcement here:

https://olimex.wordpress.com/2020/04/21/olimage-mainline-linux-images-building-script-for-all-of-our-olinuxino-and-som-boards/

JustinMJackson123

Quote from: LubOlimex on October 01, 2020, 10:30:39 AMHey,

These are supposed to work, hmm. I have few ideas:

1) Try using the scripts inside the image:

~#olinuxino-display – allows setting different video output;
~#olinuxino-overlay – provides easy way to enable or disable different hardware assignments – different I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, PWM, etc;

Enable the correct display with olinuxino-display, make sure to select the CTS version. Reboot the board and test. If the issue remains try enabling different I2C ports.

Let me know how these tests go.

2) Test with the Ubuntu Bionic Base image, again configure the display using the kernel scripts I mentioned above. All release images for A20 can be found at images.olimex.com/release/a20/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any questions remarks.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

Great ideas!