Hardware issues on new olinuxino boards

Started by cnoviello, January 31, 2013, 11:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnoviello

Hi,
I recently bought three new Olinuxino boards from Olimex. One of these works correctly. Instead I've issues on the other two boards.
One of these block randomly at boot with these messages:

PowerPrep start initialize power...
Battery Voltage = 0.84V
No battery or bad battery detected!!!.Disabling battery voltage measurements./r/nHTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFC
Battery Voltage = 2.34V
No battery or bad battery detected!!!.Disabling battery voltage measurements./r/nHTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFC
Battery Voltage = 2.34V
Battery Voltage = 2.34V
Battery Voltage = 2.33V
No battery or bad battery detected!!!.Disabling battery voltage measurements./r/nLLCJan 16 201321:52:52

Doing several reset it boots, but fails again on next reboot.
The other one seems to have a different problem. It's completely unable to boot giving always this sequence of messages:

0x80502008
          0x8020a012
0x80502008
          0x8020a012

I bought other olinuxino boards in the past and I noticed that something is changed on these new boards: I can see a new type of DDR and also the boot led is changed.

Is there something that I can check to address these problems?

Regards,
Carmine Noviello

olimex

usually these error codes
0x80502008 0x8020a012
0x80502008 0x8020a012
means corrupted SD card, imx233 cant read the card

we use different DDR memories on differnt lots but they are tested same way and perform the same

cnoviello

I tried to investigate more in depth about these problems. Obviously I'm sure that SD card works since I'm using different SDs that work with other olinuxino boards.

Watching the second board under a microscope, I discovered that there were some remaining solder paste between two pins, and one of these pins was not well soldered. I removed solder paste with flux remover and now seems to work right.

The first one continues giving errors about battery voltage and it starts only on multiple pressure of reset buttons. Any hints about this issue?

Carmine

olimex

you do no mention what type are these board: micro, mini, maxi?
all boards pass through AOI inspection then functinal tests before go in stock

cnoviello