Question about delivery and assurance

Started by miroR, July 28, 2020, 10:09:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miroR

Quote from: miroR on August 20, 2020, 10:49:36 AM[...]
But there's one more uncertainty that I have.

It's my server's:
3.7V LIPO BATTERY CONNECTOR
[...]
On the images that can currently be viewed at:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/Home-Server/LIME2-SERVER-NO-HDD/
esp. the image:
https://www.olimex.com/Products/OLinuXino/Home-Server/LIME2-SERVER-NO-HDD/images/thumbs/310x230/LIME2-SERVER4.jpg
it looks like my connector is not placed in its slot as in those pictures.
[...]
It's in the manual:
https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/DOCUMENTS/LIME2-SERVER/LIME2-SERVER-User-Manual.pdf
I only needed to open the top cover of the server to find out. Sorry!

miroR

Lime2-server deployed:

https://www.croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-200731-LIME2-server/pg3.php

Well, only initially.

I plan to make it a Tor relay, but that's way more work, as the trail has not been blazed yet.

That's a huge work for me, to do that properly...

olimex

great to see this progress!
one remark thoug - yuu seem to be very concerned about your privacy, but on the pictures you posted I can see your name, address, phone number, etc
you may need to edit them and remove this private info of yours

miroR

Quote from: olimex on August 20, 2020, 04:56:31 PMgreat to see this progress!
Thanks!
Quote from: olimex on August 20, 2020, 04:56:31 PMone remark thoug - yuu seem to be very concerned about your privacy, but on the pictures you posted I can see your name, address, phone number, etc
It's one thing on the open internet, like this, and completely different when you run Tor in a system, with Iptables correctly set, with no DNS leaks and such...
And when you pop up at least 3 hops away, but it is possible to get even 5 and more hops away --and, as Tor is built, the nodes do not see beyond their first neighbor node (that can be half the planet away, neighbor" by Tor connection)...
It's totally different when nobody knows[1] who their correspondent on a mailing list or forum, or author of a dark page is, in his/her public/true personality, and it can be me.
I am somewhat confident I can fairly correctly do the right pseudonymous play there...

On the open internet, you can't hide however much that you wanted. It's all logged and stashed away, for longer than they admit to the public.
The amount of in-depth detailed data, by all aspects, social to tech, on all internet human presence, is staggering.
---
[1] well they can't know, unless.... Unless they're doing woodoo on the connections and on the hardware, as Ed Snowden called their methods... or out-of-band communications on you...

miroR

Quote from: olimex on August 20, 2020, 04:56:31 PM[...]
one remark thoug - yuu seem to be very concerned about your privacy, but on the pictures you posted I can see your name, address, phone number, etc
I'm sorry I went far and wide on privacy, but didn't thank you for you care.
Truly, that casual reader can see my address, phone and name, doesn't matter. It's the evil that has the upper hand in the shadow survaillance realm, the evil of bad people with might and power that I, and many anonymous wishers, and realized anonymous of ideals and character, wish to be more astute then.
Good anonymous people, like Julian Assange, like Snowden (anonymous as supporter), like the guy that hacked Stratfor, the surveillance firm (pls. correct me if anyone knows, I'm writing of the top of my head, and paraphrasing instead of using the right language), dream of more just society, because there is no justice if you are not free, and there is no freedom if you are controled, i.e. if you don't have privacy. Your privacy taken away means by all logic you are being controled. Subtly so, by potential, inactively while still in sleeper state, but still, it means you are controled.
That people can read where I live and my phone number is pretty insignificant nuissance/danger, compared to the real control of the surveillors, and those don't need to read my name from my webpage to know it. The surveillors have those in-depth detailed data, by all aspects, social to tech, on all humans of their bailiwick, at their fingertips if they just snap their fingers... It's sad, this Orwellian age.