A20 LIME2 with LCD-OLinuXino-5CTS

Started by MPH, September 13, 2021, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPH

Hi All,

I have an  A20-OLinuXino-LIME2 that I want to use with an  LCD-OLinuXino-5CTS.
The display works fine, but I am unable to use/calibrate the touchscreen and only get the error "No calibratable devices found".
Then I read that the standard configuration for the LIME2 is to only work with analog touchscreens, while the LCD-5CTS has a digital touchscreen.

If I want to only use the LIME2 with digital touchscreens, would it be sufficient to disconnect the IC RM1 and move it to RM2 or do both need to be connected? In the Bill of Materials (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/master/HARDWARE/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2/1.%20Latest%20hardware%20revision/Bills-of-materials/A20-OLinuXino-Lime2_Rev_L_1Ge16Gs16MB_bom.pdf) it seems like this is the same IC/Resistor Network.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help!

LubOlimex

Yes, you are on the correct path. You need to have only one of RM1 or RM2 present. By default the boards are sold for resistive touch and for capacitive you need to change the position of the resistor matrix RM1 to RM2 position. It is a bit small to solder and you have to make sure that the pads of the original position are well separated.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

MPH

Thanks for the fast reply and the confirmation!
I will try to desolder the resistor matrix from RM1 and resolder it to RM2.