Login credentials for the

Started by dilbert, June 03, 2020, 05:14:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dilbert

Hello everybody,

I installed an a20_Lime_debian_3.4.90_release_3.img on an A20-OLinuXino-LIME board.

Connecting the USB-OTG of the board with the USB of laptop doesn't set up a ttyACM0 or ttyUSB0 device but instead an Ethernet enp0s20u1 device.

When I give it an IP address and bring it up, a nmap scan gives:

Nmap scan report for 192.168.1.111
Host is up (0.00087s latency).
MAC Address: C4:54:44:xx:xx:xx (Quanta Computer)

When I ssh to that device, all login I tried are getting rejected.

As user, I tried: root and olimex
and as passwords for both users: root olimex Olimex password 1234

Thanks!

LubOlimex

The sunxi images had that indeed. Using the USB created virtual network. Try address 192.168.2.1.

There is a DHCP server running specifically for USB0 interface. However, your computer and the board have to belong to the same sub-network. The DHCP server should give IP address to the new USB0 interface of your host PC so you can make SSH connection from your PC to the default board IP address of the USB0 interface – 192.168.2.1. You can connect to the board using a mini USB cable and an SSH client (if you use Windows you might use "puTTY", for example) at address 192.168.2.1.

The password should be root and the password olimex.

Maybe test the newer images. They should have USB-serial driver on the USB. Find these here: http://images.olimex.com/release/a20/
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

dilbert

As I am on a shared network, that means the router isn't mine and I won't be able to change the entire 192.168.1.0 network to 192.168.2.0, I could only change the address of my laptop to 192.168.2.5 and have only those two devices in this network.

So, I downloaded a newer image file, as you suggested. I took A20-OLinuXino-buster-base-20200601-141239.img and this builds a /dev/ttyACM0 device on my laptop to use then picocom.

Thanks again!

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex