June 05, 2020, 10:50:56 am

Shield-LCD not working?

Started by jimmy@alenius.nu, April 14, 2020, 12:09:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy@alenius.nu

I have followed the instructions and everything seems to be correct installed. I can export the examples to the Arduino Uno card without errors. But I can't see any activity on the display when trying all the examples. Is the shield broken?

LubOlimex

Each shield is tested empirically after production, the chances of broken shield are very slim, it is probably something else, most probably the wiring to the UNO.

The shield requires both 5V and 3.3V. Usually such problem come from missing 5V powering.

Also make sure both the I2C and the UART are connected when testing. The I2C pins are A4(SDA) and A5(SCL), UART are - D0(RXD) and D1(TXD). Both are available at the UEXT connector too.

Did you load the demo via the board manager as described in this document: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/_resources/Arduino_instructions.pdf ?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

jimmy@alenius.nu

Ah! I didn't know that both 3,3 and 5 had to be connected. I just used the 5V. The software part is described well in the readme file. But I couldn't find anything about the hardware part.

I try the 3,3 AND 5 tips and get back to you!

jimmy@alenius.nu

Okej, now it's working! But I can't seem to get the UART working. You connect D1 and D0 on the Shield to TX(D1) and RX(D0) on the Arduino Uno?

LubOlimex

UART is cross - RX of one device to TX of the other; TX of one device to RX of the other!
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex