A13-Olinuxino-WiFi - Froze, Now Won't Boot

Started by Swivelgames, February 02, 2013, 01:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swivelgames

Hey guys,

I just got the A13-Olinuxino-WiFi. LOVE the board. I was really excited when I got it. After playing with a few different power supplies, I found one that worked perfectly (12v, 500mA). Before then, I couldn't get it passed the logo with the Android mascot. After plugging it in for the first time with my new power supply, I got it to load completely (Android mascot, then animated android text logo, then lock screen and fully functional android os), and was very excited. However, after playing with it a bit, the OS froze... I left it there for a little while and, after many attempts, decided my last option was to tap the hardware reset button. Now it won't get passed the Android mascot logo.

Here's everything I did that led up to the crash, and explanation of what I've done to try and get it to boot again. If anyone else has experienced this as well, I'd love it if you could shed some light. Otherwise, I'll probably just try and flash it.

• Plugged in VGA
  • Plugged in Power
    ~. Displayed Android Mascot Splash
    ~. Displayed Android Animated Text Splash (Loading)
    ~. Displayed Lock Screen
  • Pressed `Menu` button
    ~. Displayed Home Screen
  • Connected Mouse
    ~. Pointer appeared on screen
  • Clicked Menu (three dots), and selected System Settings
  • Clicked WiFi Settings
  • Connected Keyboard
  • Selected WiFi hotspot, typed in passphrase, clicked Connect
    ~. Connected successfully
  • Navigated to home screen
  • Clicked on App Grid
  • Dragged "Browser" Icon, placed on Home Screen
  • Swiped left on Home Screen
    ~. Displayed Home Page with Power Widget
  • Dragged Power Widget to Center Home Page
  • Dropped Power Widget
    ~. Visible grid disappeared, widget fell into place
  • Moved mouse to drag Clock Widget
    ~. Mouse halted, OS appeared to stop responding
  • Pressed power button (to attempt to lock screen then unlock)
  • Unplugged mouse, keyboard
  • Various other attempts (including frantically pressing buttons and smashing board against rocks... I'm kidding)
  • Finally tapped `reset` button to hardware reset device.
    ~. Device displayed Android Mascot
    ~. Screen went blank

Not exactly sure what happened. Any ideas? It won't load up anymore...

EDIT
After restarting it 4 or 5 times in a row, it finally showed the animated android text logo, but is now frozen on the animated android text logo.

EDIT 2
Occasionally now when it freezes on the animated logo, the screen distorts. I'm going to flash it when I get home and update on it then.

agcr

Hi,

I've experienced that Android takes a while to load. Also, the Android Mascot animation doesn't show, it just shows a black screen, then the Android Text animation and finally the lock screen.

agcr

Swivelgames

Interesting... Yeah, the animation doesn't freeze now that I'm home from work. But I just left it for 10-15 minutes and it sat on the android text animation for the entire time. I finally restarted it and tried to connect using ADB. I'm going to search and around and then make another topic about that experience as well (I'm on a Mac; can't connect or find drivers).

Anyone have ideas why it would be doing this?

JohnS

Probably corrupted due to a previous time it was switched off without proper shutdown.  Only LiveSuit is the safe way to reinstall it.