Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A10 on A20 Lime board  (Read 38 times)

woj

A10 on A20 Lime board
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:33 AM »
Hi!

In my last part of Olimex board I ordered some A10 Lime boards. One of them is hybrid processor A10 on A20 lime board. I noticed it after some time, because at first this board start working with Android. The behavior was a little bit wayward. Sometimes it did not want to boot, sometimes boot faster than other. Finally it stop working at all. Then I check board preciselly and noticed, that the processor is placed on wrong board.
Is there any chance to put this board back to work?

Greetings!
Woj

LubOlimex

• Global Moderator
Re: A10 on A20 Lime board
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 02:58:39 PM »
> In my last part of Olimex board I ordered some A10 Lime boards. One of them is hybrid processor A10 on A20 lime board.

So all boards have A10 chip?

Consider that A10 and A20 chips are pin-to-pin compatible, drop-in replaceable. The A10-OLinuXino-LIME and A20-OLinuXino-LIME boards use the same board PCB just different processors are placed during manufacturing. Hardware-wise the PCB is the same.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

woj

Re: A10 on A20 Lime board
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 12:00:46 PM »
Thanks for answer.

> So all boards have A10 chip?

No. As I wrote only one of them is a hybrid.

I know that A10 and A20 are pin-to-pin and drop-in replaceable. Is there no difference on PCB like clock frequency?

I am asking, because at the begining this hybrid board work. It was booted faster than normal A10 Lime. After some time during starting it halted showing Android booting screen. I waited aruond 5 minutes, but the system did not start. So I turn off power and turn in on again. The Android did not boot at all, even if I use SD card with new image.
After one month it start working, but after some time situation repeated. From that time board is dead.
Could you give me any suggestion what to do with it?

Greetings,
Woj