A13 Olinuxino wifi board cannot find debian uboot in SD

Started by eelcyaa, March 28, 2019, 02:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eelcyaa

Hi all,

I have purchased both Olinuxino wifi board H. Rev. (With on board NAND) and debian OS sd card from olimex.
And i have inserted the sd card into the board. However it cannot boot from SD at all. I am wondering if i really need to cut CE_NAND connection to make sure the board must boot from SD. I have double check there is really an uboot image in the sd card by browsing in Windows OS. Here is the boot log.

Really appreciate for the help and insight. Thank! Michael

dram size =512
0xffffffff,0xffffffff
super_standby_flag = 0
HELLO! BOOT0 is starting!
boot0 version : 1.6.0
Succeed in opening nand flash.
Succeed in reading Boot1 file head.
The size of Boot1 is 0x00064000.
The file stored in 0X00000000 of block 2 is perfect.
Check is correct.
Ready to disable icache.
Succeed in loading Boot1.
Jump to Boot1.
[       0.151] boot1 version : 1.7.0
[       0.151] pmu type = 3
[       0.153] bat vol = 1037
[       0.185] axi:ahb:apb=3:2:2
[       0.185] set dcdc2=1400, clock=1008 successed
[       0.187] key
[       0.199] no key found
[       0.199] flash init start
[       0.260] flash init finish
[       0.261] fs init fail
[       0.261] fs init fail, jump to fel

eelcyaa

I have just tried cut the jumper option CE_NAND in order to disable the NAND flash and get even worse that there is nothing print through serial console.

It look like my bootable debian os SD is failed. I am going to rebuild a bootable image on another SD now...

LubOlimex

It is a bad image on the SD card.

The jumper has nothing to do with it. Revert the position of the jumper that you changed. Solder the pads back together.

Either the image on the card got corrupted or wrong image was uploaded to the SD card. If you have SD card reader, it will not be hard to fix this. Please do the following to prepare card:

1. Download the archive with the official image and extract it; the archive with image can be downloaded as either torrent or directly from the FTP:

Torrent: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/images/d/d6/A13_debian_34_90_WIFI_RALINK_GCC_GPIO_X_I2C_100KHz_UVC_TS_FTDI_3G_video_accell_release_10.torrent

FTP: ftp://staging.olimex.com/Allwinner_Images/A13-OLinuXino/Debian/sd/A13_debian_34_90_WIFI_RALINK_GCC_GPIO_X_I2C_100KHz_UVC_TS_FTDI_3G_video_accell_release_10.7z

If you have trouble extracting it, install 7-Zip, it is open-source and free archivator software.

2. Place the SD card in the reader and use software to load the extracted img file. If you don't know what software tool to use to prepare the card, please download and use "Etcher" since it is free and has easy to use interface. Just point to the extracted image, select the drive of the SD card reader and start the process.

3. Then test the boot again and let us know how it goes.

Hopefully the card didn't get damaged somehow, just the software inside.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex