Lime2 autostart when power + battery connected

Started by divyanair, June 14, 2018, 04:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

divyanair

hello,
I'm testing the latest (kernel 4.5) jessie server vanilla on a Olimex Lime2.
If a battery is connected to the board and the power plugged in, the board start by itself !
I would like to change this behavior, is there any file to tweak ?
Thanks

nancylake1

Did you manage to resolve the issue? I'd appreciate any instructions cause I'm experiencing troubles here too.

barrysingh102

On A20/AXP209 boards default behaviour is that when AXP209 (the power management unit) detects voltage/amperage provided through DC-IN is sufficient then the board starts immediately. When you provide power through (Mini) USB or battery you would need to press the power button.

So there's nothing to tweak, your only solution would be to use the USB OTG port to provide power to the board (be careful to choose an USB cable with low gauge ratings -- 20 AWG would be the best since otherwise voltage drops might occur under load!)

OliviaMann

Have you found a solution to this problem yet? It would be of great help if you could share the same.

xpacetwo

On A20/AXP209 boards default behaviour is that when AXP209 (the power management unit) detects voltage/amperage provided through DC-IN is sufficient then the board starts immediately. When you provide power through (Mini) USB or battery you would need to press the power button.
So there's nothing to tweak, your only solution would be to use the USB OTG port to provide power to the board (be careful to choose an USB cable with low gauge ratings -- 20 AWG would be the best since otherwise voltage drops might occur under load!)