a64olinuxino_ubuntu_16.04.3_20180501_rel4 black screen

Started by flxb8, May 19, 2018, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flxb8

hi,
when I boot up with the new image, all I get is a black screen.
Btw. does the microphone input work in this release?

Thx & Bests.

LubOlimex

We tested the microphone input today - it works. We used alsa mixer and checked it in real-time scenario (e.g. speaking in the microphone is played over the headphones). You can test directly inside the alsamixer interface. You might need to play a bit with the alsamixer settings (had to play a bit with the volume settings inside).

What do you mean by black screen? Over the HDMI???
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

LubOlimex

Get this file with the audio settings: ftp://staging.olimex.com/Lub-clients/asound.state

and copy it to /var/lib/asla (you might want to rename or keep a copy of the original one setting file).

cp asound.state /var/lib/alsa/

You can inspect also inspect the contents of asound.state it is a configuration text file.

Then test with microphone and headphones/audio output. The mic input should be played in real time over the audio output.

Notice  that we would probably release a new image with dual video output, based on the feedback provided of a customer. This was detailed here: https://olimex.wordpress.com/2018/05/21/teres-i-has-patch-and-can-work-with-both-lcd-and-hdmi-together/

flxb8

Thx for testing! Can you maybe send me a working asound.state file?
QuoteGet this file with the audio settings: ftp://staging.olimex.com/Lub-clients/asound.state
thanks, I will try that.

(i tried a lot! of configurations but I only get the routing from mic to output to work, but I am not able to record with arecord or use it as input device (eg. in audacity.).

QuoteWhat do you mean by black screen? Over the HDMI???
yes, the olimex logo shows up and then there is no additional output.

Bests.

LubOlimex

So which of the two is it?

QuoteBtw. does the microphone input work in this release?

or

QuoteI only get the routing from mic to output to work

Edit: I can confirm that the video output is again NOT set to HDMI per default... and that is why you don't see picture on the TV. I will make sure that we update the image today or tomorrow. If you are in a hurry you would need to access the command line interface of the board via the USB-serial cable or SSH and type ./change_display (this script is located in /root folder if you have trouble finding it) to switch the video output to HDMI.

LubOlimex

This should fix the problems with the previous image:

https://www.olimex.com/wiki/images/4/43/A64olinuxino_ubuntu_16.04.3_20180523_rel5.torrent

Edit: There is also a change-display script in the new release:

# ./change-display

Also note that the when this script enables HDMI, the LAN is enabled; but if you use LCD then automatically LAN is disabled (due to LCD and LAN multiplexing).