Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A13-OLinuXino (-MICRO/-WIFI) + mainline kernel + SPI  (Read 693 times)

Melange

A13-OLinuXino (-MICRO/-WIFI) + mainline kernel + SPI
« on: May 18, 2018, 11:49:38 AM »
Hello,

in our tests with using the current mainline kernel we noticed that SPI2 seems dead.

In the kernel config I have CONFIG_SPI amd CONFIG_SPI_SPIDEV enabled, and in the device tree I have both spi2 (/soc@1c00000/spi@1c17000) and spidev2 (/soc@1c00000/spi@1c17000/spidev) enabled.

I see /dev/spidev2.0 after booting, the kernel only complains (loudly) about the presence of spidev in the device tree, but this is not a bug.

I can compile https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/tools/spi/spidev_test.c and it runs just find, returning all zeros in the SPI transfer response (no slave connected).

We connected a PicoScope to the 4 SPI terminals on the board (tested with A13, A13-Micro and A13-WIFI), and all 4 pins are constantly dead. We see no clock or anything.

I can find a lot of information about sunxi and spi from the sunxi-kernel, but nothing specific to the mainline kernel.

Has anybody tested spi with the mainline kernel?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(spi is the only thing not working for me with the mainline kernel, everythings else including the lcds and touch controller, audio, usb etc. work flawlessly)