March 28, 2024, 05:51:19 PM

Programming Keyboard

Started by baffo32, June 24, 2020, 11:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baffo32

Hi,

My keyboard is misbehaving and I wanted to make sure the firmware was intact.  I ordered a replacement keyboard and the IVR-ISP500-TINY, and I thought I'd look into practicing with the replacement, maybe see if there was a way to dump the factory image.  But I don't see anywhere to connect the programmer to the keyboard.

Could you advise me how to do this, or where to learn?  I'm worried I could break the keyboard opening it.

LubOlimex

It is the ICSP0 pads (if you purchased TERES-PCB5-KEYBOARD). You attach a connector temporarily the connector should be male-male 2 rows x 3 pins at 0.1" step.

Also read here about the software: https://github.com/OLIMEX/DIY-LAPTOP/tree/rel3/SOFTWARE/A64-TERES/TERES-KBD-RELEASE
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

baffo32

Thanks so much.  I forgot about the separate keyboard controller board.  I've affixed a 2x3 header to my programmer.

Your link: I'm guessing it's for updating the firmware from the same Teres system, not via a programmer?  It looks like it uses an "hid_bootloader_cli" binary to do the upload.  Do you know where the source for this binary is?  EDIT: I found that this binary is from lufa and the source is in lufa =)

Thanks so much.

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

baffo32

Thanks again.  I reflashed my chip successfully.  It looks like the system needs to be powered on when flashing or you get an obscure avrdude error that appears related to low current.  I submitted a PR adding more information from my experience to that subfolder.

It's great to be able to verify the firmware in my keyboard.  I cut a hole through the bottom of the system to access the pins more easily in the future.  I've noticed the firmware changes some of its content when running.  I haven't looked at the source yet.

Thank you again.