AVR-ISP-MK2 Programming trouble

Started by RNeil, April 24, 2018, 09:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RNeil

I am trying to program an ATtiny10 using the TPI interface on the Olimex AVR-ISP-MK2. I am powering the board with the programmer. My voltmeter reads 4.99 volts. I am using Windows 10 and Atmel Studio 7.0.1645. When I click on target voltage read, it says 3.3V. For any other function, I get

Failed to enter programming mode. Error status received from tool 0x01.
componentid: 20100
status code 1
modulename TCF

I checked the connections. I know that the datasheet says I need 5 volts, but that is what I measured. What can I do?

LubOlimex

Hello,

The voltage shouldn't be the root of the problem. About the difference between voltage measured and shown refer to page 29 from the user's manual:

"
Q4: I have your AVR-ISP-MKII programmer and it works OK but in Atmel Studio it shows that the target voltage is 3.3V, when I'm sure the board gets 5.0V. What is wrong?

A4: Olimex AVR-ISP-MK2 cannot detect the target voltage! The information about the voltage in Atmel Studio is just a place holder – it shouldn't be taken as a correct reading!
"

What might cause this message then? Unfortunately, a lot of things. If I have to take a blind guess I would guess the drivers associated with the device are at fault... Did you follow the "2.3 Quick setup" chapter on page 9 of the user's manual?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

RNeil

I originally had the connect to tool problem. I looked on this forum and used zadiag to load a device driver. I now see that following the manual gives me a newer driver.

I still can't enter programming mode, but thanks for clearing up the voltage puzzle.