Duinomite-Mega Unrecognizable in Windows XP/10

Started by Windigo, March 03, 2018, 06:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

So yesterday I got my Duinomite-Mega and when plugged in via 5v to the USB keyboard and VGA, it booted up like a champ and i could mess with basic a bit.

When I try to plug it into any computer via USB (no extra power just the USB cable) the red light comes on but none of my 2 XP computers or my Windows 10 computer would even recognize any new hardware at all. Regardless of what USB port I used.

Is there any paticular setting I need to use with the Duino's SETUP command?

I have to be doing something obvious wrong?

TY

KeesZagers

You say you first plugged in the 5V to USB keyboard and VGA. I presume the keyboard on the PS2 connector. And you used the USB connector for the 5V supply. If you powered it from the PC and did not install any driver I can imagine that your PC does not ask it for the second time.
Anyway you should see the unit on any of the USB ports if it is connected. For the XP systems you need the driver which is on the Olimex site, the Windows 10 system will install a USBSER driver automatically. If this is done you should see the unit as a serial (COM) device.
If none of the 3 PCs recognise the unit, I would suggest try an other USB cable. Maybe one of the communication lines is broken.

Windigo

No mater what computer or USB port I try none of the computers even recognize that something has been plugged in. Win 10 does not try to install anything because it doesn't notice anything connecting.

I have no idea how to install the driver into XP as there is no install.exe for it.

Sounds like it may be the cable as you have said. I will have to order a new one as I live more than 50 miles from anywhere that would have one.

I will get back once I have tried a new cable :)

TY

Windigo

Borrowed a cable and everything seems to be working now!

KeesZagers

A lot of problems are software related, but sometimes it is also the most simple hardware  ;)