A64 OlinuXino stay on flash screen at boot

Started by JFP_FR, January 24, 2018, 05:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JFP_FR

Hi !

We received today the 3 OlinuXino A64 board with a prebuild SD card.
I connected it on a HDMI screen, connected kb and mouse, plugged the olimex 5V 1A power supply, and the 'OLIMEX' splash screen appears and stay like this indefinitely...
I download the torrent image A64 and flash myself the SD with Win32Imager as indicated in the manual but same problem.
I tried SD card on the 3 A64 board but same problem ?

Any idea ? thank you  :)

JF

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

JFP_FR

Thank you for the answer,
Yes I tried without mouse and keyboard but no difference.
I also tried with the LCD-OLinuXino-10 LCD and the FPC-40-0.5-150 cable, the backlight switch on at boot but screen stay black and without Olimex logo...
Buttons Reset and ON/OFF works correctly.
I seen a jumper named PHYRST1, I suppose it's for a remote reset but logo stay displayed with and without.
Other idea ? :-)

LubOlimex

It is normal for the 10 inch display to stay off. You need to change the video output from HDMI to LCD via the command line interface, there is a change display script. The easiest way to access the command line interface is via a serial USB cable and a personal computer (you can also typically access it via the HDMI, but this doesn't seem possible in your case).

The question is why the board doesn't boot fully with the HDMI monitor? It seems like the boot hangs. At first I thought maybe the 1A power supply is insufficient, but it can be something else. I believe you don't interrupt the u-boot by pressing a key from the keyboard. Do all three boards behave the same with the monitor? Can you try with a more powerful power supply?

Do not change the jumpers for now.

JFP_FR

>>The easiest way to access the command line interface is via a serial USB cable and a personal computer

Yes I haven't this cable, we make a new command today for a USB-Serial-Cable-F and also for a BB-CH340T.

>>Do all three boards behave the same with the monitor?

Same thing...

>>Can you try with a more powerful power supply?

Just done it with a 5V 2A and same result.
I would like try an other boot image (A64-ubuntu_built_preliminary_rel_2.torrent), but the torrent port is actually closed, I created a case to open it ...

I'm going to try with an other screen...

JFP_FR

I tried with an other HMDI cable, with an other screen monitor, with an HDMI VGA adapter and same thing, with an other board, flashing again SD card (8Go), flashing an other SD card (16Go) ...

Problem could only come from the SD card image ...
From windows I see only one partition : 34 items size 22.8 Mo/52.3 Mo ( MS DOS File system )
and one more partition from Linux : 109597 items size 1.9 Go / 3.8 Go ( ext3/ext4 file )

Thank you for the preliminary image FTP link
Download in progress...

JFP_FR

YESSS !
It's Ok with preliminary image A64-ubuntu_built_preliminary_rel_2.7z
Image A64olinuxino_ubuntu_16.04.3_20171110.torrent doesn't activate the HMDI output !

LubOlimex

That is not a big loss if you just use the previous image. Only one major feature was added in latest image, a PWM library. It is described here: https://github.com/d3v1c3nv11/a64servo

I would investigate why the latest release doesn't come with HDMI enabled by default.