A20-OLinuXino-Lime2-e4GB and n8Gb

Started by cnerone, January 21, 2018, 02:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnerone

I alla,
I bought A20-Lime2 and I chosed the version with more internal memory (n8Gb).
It was delivered to me 4 days ago and I tested it today.
looking for installing procedure I read something I didn't know before: official Linux images from Olimex are different between eMMC version and NAND Lime2s.
You are kidding me?
I bought an A20 lime2... if I don't use NAND... I cannot use the standard (eMMC) image?
Is it?

I want to use official Debian image from Debian.org.... and it's for A20-Lime2 and A20-Lime2-e4Gb... so no chance to install it on Lime2-NAND?
What hardware diffs between eMMMC and NAND Lime2? excluding internal Menotti type...

JohnS

The hardware is different (and came later) so the software is.  Why would you say kidding?

John

LubOlimex

Hello,

There are a number of differences. You might find the exact differences following the image build description here:  https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/blob/master/SOFTWARE/A20/A20-build-3.4.103-release-7/BUILD_DESCRIPTION_A20_Olimex_kernel_3.4.103%2B_Jessie_rel_6.txt - just search for "emmc" on the page and you would find most of the things (emmc slot number in menu config gets changed, there is a patch applied in u-boot, the script fex is slightly different, etc).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

cnerone

Hi,
I installed Debian stretch, using Debian installer...
A20 lime SD image runs well even in A20-NAND...

I'm happy!

LubOlimex

Hey, glad about that. It would be nice if you have some time and describe how you did it. I guess you used the images available here: http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/

You concatenated the firmware and the partition and downloaded it to SD card. Is the NAND visible during the installation, or only the SD card is visible?

I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in mainline stretch. Also it would be nice to report what works fine and what doesn't work.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex