Max resolution supported via eDP?

Started by cibomahto, January 07, 2018, 05:06:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cibomahto

I'm loving the Teres laptop, and would like to improve the screen in mine. It looks like there are many 11.6" IPS displays with a 1920x1080 resolution (eg N116HSE-EBC, N116HSE-EJ1) available in small quantity for ~$30 in China.Is there anything preventing the A64 Teres motherboard from supporting this higher resolution?

It looks like the RGB to eDP converter has two lanes connected, and the RGB output of the A64 is supposed to support up to 1920x1200 resolution, however I couldn't find any information about what is connected in the included cable assembly TERES-026-LCD-cable. The controller and backlight power specs appear to be very similar.

As a side note, it would be great if the LCD module specifications could be added to the website or documentation. I had to zoom in on a photo in the assembly guide to see that it was N116BGE-EA2.

JC

I just added several links to the LCD datasheet within the GitHub markdown documentation.

HackedPixels

Any news regarding this topic?
I have a spare N116HSE-EA1 lying around and going the all-or-nothing approach of just trying to connect it shows:
SD Card with Armbian stretch: Display stays black
No operating system: Display shows nothing but backlight turns on.

So i suppose it is a problem with the configuration?

nearsky

The AOSC distro appears to work out the box with 1080p. For the Teres you have the option of a base or MATE install, either to a SD card or eMMC.