Just another question

Started by figoarzaki, June 24, 2017, 09:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

figoarzaki

If i build my own olinuxino a20 with same schematic, and with a whole brand new component attached to the board, and power it up with sd card images attached, the board will work?.
the processor is new and the axp209 is new too.

JohnS

If you make zero mistakes, yes.

Expect to need a few revisions.

How will you debug the high speed electronics?  This is not for a beginner!!

John

figoarzaki

How the axp209 work if it's new?, did the axp209 standard setting is for powering allwinner soc?,
the processor need to program axp209, and the processor need to be powered to program the axp209, and axp209 job is powering the processor, i think it's like "egg or the chicken, which is come first"

how it can work?, if i have a new processor and also a new axp209?

and what do you mean "zero mistakes"?

what thing should revisioned?

yeah i know it's not for beginner, but if i copy and modify the completed work (olinuxino) i think it will be easier tho, from the hardware setting to software setting.

EDIT : Ah, i see.
the axp209 dc-dc2 default out setting 1.25V which is enough to power the cpu, and i see in olinuxino dcdc2 are used for CPU, after power-up the cpu powered by dcdc2 of axp209 then the processor program the axp209 to maximilize the work of processor (to powering ADC,DRAM, and other), then the processor work as usual, am i right?

JohnS

If you lay it out and solder 100% correctly it will all work.  Any mistakes, even small ones, and you can expect serious grief.

If it doesn't work quite right and you don't have great electronics tools to debug it you may find it impossible.

I advise against doing it!

John

figoarzaki

Yes, because processor and his friend is sensitive device.

can i have another question?,

can i use K4B4G1646D-BCK0 (Olinuxino A10 RAM) for Olinuxino A13 RAM with same fex setting as olinuxino A10? (of course with hardware modify (schematic and board))
did Allwinner support only RAM from Samsung and Hynix?

JohnS

Not something I've considered so consult data sheets / proper engineers / AW.

You don't sound to have the right in-depth background & electronics design knowledge to make such an advanced board.

John

figoarzaki

So i can use same dram fex setting, and i thought it's support all manufacturer tho.

Yes, i'm a newbie on processor, and processor was so complicated, that's why interested in it, i love making things myself, because i can get knowledge by it, and i have got much enough by learning processor (A13), but it still not enough to build my own board, so i decide to search a board reference design that is open source, and there i found olinuxino, it's so open source and it have a community too!, that's make me more interested in it.
and i'm pretty advanced on microcontroller, i have build 4 mcu board (Atmega32,ATSAMD,STM32F7,PIC32), but a knowledge from mcu is not enough to make a working system for processor, but at least it's easier, because mcu and mpu has some equality.
usually im not sure about something, and i post it there, in this case is dram fex setting, actually i'm know about that but not sure.
the hardest from processor is the dram and software setting and some hardware setting (schematic), and luckily i can copy the olinuxino software setting and it's hardware setting too.