Ordered for more than one month but not shipped yet

Started by zeallin, April 24, 2017, 11:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeallin

Hello,

I have placed an order of 25 A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2 on 2017/3/16 but still not received shipping information for this order yet.
I think you guys are trying to ship them ASAP, just want to know the estimated shipping date so that we can response with it.
My order no is W-ZL160317, love A20 and love you guys!

Best regards,
Zeal

olimex

Hi,
Our capacity is booked for 4 weeks ahead, all OLINUXINO and SOMs are with huge backlog, this started in December 2016, now we doubled our production but I can easily sell x3 times more boards if we have them.
I know this is annoying for our customers who used to see their orders shipped in 3-4 days, but now the situation is really crazy, we do everything humanly possible to ship everything as soon as possible, but there are few probelems:

1. we have huge number of different boards - more than 600, let's say that 100-150 of them are high runner and should pass through assembly line every months. This are 100-150 change overs or 5-6 different boards to be processed on the assembly lines and sometimes takes weeks to roll them all.

2. when the demand ramp up and we start shipping first with 2-3 weeks delay, some regular customers who ordered regulary small quantities went in panic mode and start to order x2 x3 times what they usually buy to have reserves, which make our production even more difficult.

I check your order is testing now so it will be shipped in the next days
Sorry for this extra delay!!!
Tsvetan

zeallin

Dear Tsvetan,

Thank you for your explanation, you always bring me good news!
Glad to know A20 become so popular and thanks for the hard works you guys done for us!
Wish you all the best!

Best regards,
Zeal

lambda

With all the stories about mass surviliance leaking in recent times, it's no surprise that people are looking for alternative and open hardware. Let's hope you find enough employees to hire to ramp production up even more - especially when the laptop becomes available.