March 28, 2024, 04:26:21 PM

TMS320-XDS100V3

Started by Nitin, April 12, 2017, 08:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitin

Hii All,

How to connect TMS320-XDS100v3 with CC2640 BLE?
CC2640 BLE have ARM Cortex M3.

Please Give me Best Suggestion.

LubOlimex

I have a couple of pointers. Make sure that you download and install compatible software and all packages required. Make sure that TMS320-XDS100-V3 is properly recognized by your operating system and by the software that you have. Then consider these points:

1. Make sure the chip is CC2640 is powered. XDS100v3 design is NOT capable of powering the target, you need external power supply for the CC2640.

2. Ensure that you are using XDS100v3's ARM_JTAG connector (make sure that you have identified each of the connectors on the emulator).

3. Ensure XDS100v3's jumper ARM_JTAG_E is closed (this ties DIS to ground and disables the TI_JTAG_XX connectors) and jumpers J4 and J5 are open.

4. Make sure the hardware connections are properly set. For cJTAG you typically need 5 signals (TVD, TDI, TMS, TCK, TDO, sRST). Check this picture: https://e2e.ti.com/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/538/JTAG.png

5. People often use the wrong RESET line. You need to use pin #15 of the ARM_JTAG connector for reset. Do not confuse tRST and sRST. You need sRST.

I've personally tested TMS320-XDS100-V3 with CC targets and it should work fine. More specifically I've tested with successfully with CC2650 using both "Code Composer Studio" and "SmartRF Flash Programmer 2".

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

LubOlimex

TVD = TVRef = Target Voltage Reference - should be tied to the I/O voltage of the target device. Used to detect if power is active and to set JTAG signal voltage level translators (if supported by the XDS).
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex