up to 6 channels with analogue input - how does it work?

Started by joe50, December 01, 2016, 11:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe50

Hello Everyone,

For my ECG project I am interested in multiple ECG channels (optimum 10 electrodes for a 12-lead ECG). So in the description https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Shields/SHIELD-EKG-EMG/ it is written:

Stackable connectors - up to 6 channels can be stacked and wired to A0-A6 analogue inputs

Does that mean that I can solder 6 cables with 6 electrodes to the A0-A6 connection or just simply that I can maximally add 6 shields on top of each other with each one channel?

For reference: I have also been working with the openBCI system and there you have pin breakouts (up to 8 channels) with positive negative pins where you just connect a single electrode to each pin.

youngz

Yes,  you can connect up to 6 olimex shield on the 6 different analog pin available on your Arduino (e. g. Uno).
In the demo example, it read each pin value on Arduino, and as a consequence each ecg value. Hence, you can follow the demo structure in order to design your code.
In addition,  in order to define what shield have to communicate on what channel,  you have to move a bridge on a couple of pin on each olimex shield.
You can find more information on the manual available on the product page.