March 28, 2024, 01:13:41 PM

mod-zigbee and xbee s2 or s1

Started by p1234321, January 14, 2017, 03:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p1234321

hello,

is it possible to have the mod-zigbee-pir send to a xbee s2 or s1 network?
could not find anything on the internet!

best regards

paul

LubOlimex

Hey Paul,

Theoretically, it is possible, but it would require software modification and re-programming of MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR. Our ZIGBEE boards would not work with XBee boards out-of-the-box. Probably a significant software effort would be required.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

p1234321

hello,

thanks for the fast reply. is there a board with a similar footprint as the xbee modules, that works with mod-zigbee?
i have an dragino (linux router with arduino yun compatible board) and want to attach sensors.
would this board be working ? http://shop.boxtec.ch/mesh-bee-open-source-zigbee-pro-module-mit-mcu-jn5168-p-41959.html

best regards

paul

PS: is it works i'm going to make an instructables article...

best regards

paul

LubOlimex

I would not recommend Olimex ZigBee boards for any Arduino-related development. The boards are meant for developers familiar with Microchip products. These boards lack a bootloader and come without Arduino examples - to change the firmware of an Olimex ZigBee module you would need a PIC programmer tool.

Overall, the three boards (MOD-ZIGBEE; MOD-ZIGBEE-UEXT, MOD-ZIGBEE-PIR) are suitable for evaluation of the main wireless chip MRF24J40 and also good point of in-depth understanding and evaluation of MiWi and ZigBee protocols.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex