March 28, 2024, 11:30:23 PM

ARM-USB-TINY-H restart issue

Started by sbirulino_vr, November 24, 2016, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbirulino_vr

Hello everyone.
Sorry for my bad english.
I'm using eclipse in Windows to write a firmware for my board where I use a TM4C1294 but I have a problem using the ARM-USB-TINY-H debugger.
I use OpenOCD e GDB and my problem is that after two or three stop in breakpoints the processor restarts and OpenOCD give me this message:

Error: JTAG-DP STICKY ERROR
Error: MEM_AP_CSW 0x23000040, MEM_AP_TAR 0x0
Polling target tm4c1294ncpdt.cpu failed, trying to reexamine
Info : tm4c1294ncpdt.cpu: hardware has 6 breakpoints, 4 watchpoints

For OpenOCD I use this command:

-f scripts\interface\ftdi\olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h.cfg -f \scripts\target\stellaris.cfg

and i use winusb driver
Where am I wrong?

Thank you all for the help

JohnS

You may wish to ask on the OpenOCD ML.  They will want:

1. that you use a recent OpenOCD
2. that you say which one, which OS etc
3. debug 3 log

John

LubOlimex

This is probably related to improper software reset. I recommend you to test different reset strategies as mentioned in this chapter of the OpenOCD's manual: http://openocd.org/doc/html/Reset-Configuration.html

More specifically, test with "reset_config srst_only srst_pulls_trst".

Then again, as JohnS suggested, the people at the OpenOCD's mail list would have more knowledge on this kind of problems.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

sbirulino_vr

Thank you all for your answers.
In these days I'm doing any test and I think the issue is the watchdog, but in OpenOCD config file I can't disable it because when I try to write in watchdog registers (ex. 0x40000C00)  it give me an error in memory access using mww instruction. Unfortunately I do not have all sources, some files are already compiled and the initialization function of the device is in one of them. If I don't can disable watchdog when I use OpenOCD, I'll try disable it in my sources before my breakpoints.
Do you have other ideas how resolve this problem?

Thanks for your help.