Duinomite Mega parts required for industrial application

Started by Naser, December 27, 2016, 12:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naser

We are considering in using Duinomite Mega for industrial application on compost engineering. Please help us identify the parts needed according to following 2 requirements.

Requirement 1
Duinomite Mega for research phase:
-   Data logging from sensors
-   Relay (Digital Output): 6 nos
-   Digital Input: 2 nos
-   Analogue Input: 10nos (4 – 20 mA sensors)
-   LAN/ethernet/RJ-45 interface
-   GSM module for remote monitoring & control via mobile (SIM) network (a number of Duinomite will be placed in geographically different areas)
-   Software: BASIC programming is preferred (this will be used to send the data to remote server via SMS
-   Web server (may be required for remote monitoring & control

Requirement 2
Duinomite Mega for commercial unit:
-   Data logging from sensors
-   Relay (Digital Output): 6 nos
-   Digital Input: 3 nos
-   Analogue Input: 3 nos (4 – 20 mA sensors)
-   LAN/ethernet/RJ-45 interface
-   GSM module for remote monitoring & control via mobile (SIM) network (a number of Duinomite will be placed in geographically different areas)
-   Software: BASIC programming is preferred (this will be used to send the data to remote server via SMS
-   Web server (may be required for remote monitoring & control

Many many thanks in advance
Naser/ University of South Australia

KeesZagers

I guess that the people of Olimex can give you more detailed info on hardware and software, but as they are on vacation right now, some experiences of a happy Duinomite user.
I'm very satisfied about the quality of the Duinomite Mega and I think it can be used in industrial applications. Probably you have to take care of a real industrial housing for the dirty environments.
To use it with ethernet, you should go for the eMega, because that is the only Duinomite version with an ethernet connection. And here is the problem: it is not supported by Basic commands. Anyway: if you would like to run a TCP/IP stack on it, forget the further CPU performance. So I guess you should look for an external intelligent Ethernet TCP/IP solution, probably connected through a serial connection on the UEXT connector. This should also be used for the GSM module. Be aware that you have only one UEXT extension, allthough you have two connectors (they have a parallel connection).
The I/O would fit on the Arduino extension.
Personally I would try to use the old DMBasic 2.7 software. New releases can work also on the Duinomite, however they are not open anymore. The advantage of this "old" version is that you can still add more functionality into the Basic by adding your own commands, like I did with adding CAN commands.
Good luck with your project.
Kees