[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyCom

I cloned https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git and the first compilation finishing ok but if I make changes in config file and then try to recompile then having above errors.

1) If I use your image without compilation then everything seems to be ok.
2) The first compilation after cloned kernel from git is ok (see above). I can compile the proper full image and use it in my board.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 31, 2013, 12:30:44 AM
I cloned https://github.com/linux-sunxi/u-boot-sunxi.git and the first compilation finishing ok but if I make changes in config file and then try to recompile then having above errors.

1) If I use your image without compilation then everything seems to be ok.
2) The first compilation after cloned kernel from git is ok (see above). I can compile the proper full image and use it in my board.

The above clone is for u-boot -- not the kernel itself. I assume you meant you cloned into https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi ?

SlyCom

Sorry for late response but I had to confirm where is the problem.

Yes, my mistake I mean: https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi

If I use original config files (linux-sunxi) then I'm able compile.
If before any compilation I replace the original config file with yours config file then the compiler throws errors mentioned in my previous post.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 31, 2013, 12:41:13 PM
Sorry for late response but I had to confirm where is the problem.

Yes, my mistake I mean: https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi

If I use original config files (linux-sunxi) then I'm able compile.
If before any compilation I replace the original config file with yours config file then the compiler throws errors mentioned in my previous post.

Yeah - there are likely some drivers - SPI etc that I've added which someone broke along the way.

All in all, you can really just add whatever you want and compile your own - that's the joy of doing it :)

SlyCom

Thank you jwischka for help!
Probably I would spend much more time without your help.

If I add additional modules in kernel. Do I need modify/add the modules in my sdb2 partition (rootfs) or just amend the uImage in partition sdb1?

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 31, 2013, 07:18:57 PM
Thank you jwischka for help!
Probably I would spend much more time without your help.

If I add additional modules in kernel. Do I need modify/add the modules in my sdb2 partition (rootfs) or just amend the uImage in partition sdb1?

Yes - you should always copy the modules directory over again on sdb2.

SlyCom

I configured the network, the ip address has been assigned but have following error:
Quotewget: unable to resolve host address ...
:(

Ping is not working.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 31, 2013, 08:37:59 PM
I configured the network, the ip address has been assigned but have following error:
Quotewget: unable to resolve host address ...
:(

Ping is not working.

What are you trying to ping? Try ping 8.8.8.8

If it works but ping google.com doesn't, it's a DNS issue.

SlyCom

Pinging to 8.8.8.8

QuoteFrom 192.168.0.10 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

after restarting the network service I can ping to 8.8.8.8 (sometimes) but still can not use for example wget or apt-get update.

Jwischka,
Have you noticed that there are network drops more frequently in R19 than in R18?

[EDIT]
Sometimes when I'm restarting the network service it hangs and then have to use CTRL+C

jwischka

I have not. This is on your image, though, not mine, correct?

Quote from: SlyCom on November 01, 2013, 09:15:53 AM
Pinging to 8.8.8.8

QuoteFrom 192.168.0.10 icmp_seq=1 Destination Host Unreachable

after restarting the network service I can ping to 8.8.8.8 (sometimes) but still can not use for example wget or apt-get update.

Jwischka,
Have you noticed that there are network drops more frequently in R19 than in R18?

[EDIT]
Sometimes when I'm restarting the network service it hangs and then have to use CTRL+C

SlyCom

jwischka

SlyCom

I'm using files from your image R19-beta. Just replaced the uImage.

P.S.
I asked before about NAND support. Have you considered using NAND instead sd card?

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on November 01, 2013, 05:11:51 PM
I'm using files from your image R19-beta. Just replaced the uImage.

P.S.
I asked before about NAND support. Have you considered using NAND instead sd card?

NAND requires different u-boot support, which I haven't really looked into.

Did you give up on trying to copy the Linaro rootFS over?

Try including the wireless driver as built in, instead of as a module. Does the same thing happen?

SlyCom

Hi,

I don't give up. Just need more time. I'm still trying resolve the issue with drop connection. I tested it on different routers and also attached WiFi USB dongle. Still the same problem.