[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyCom

Yes, the uImage is on the first partition. Now is better (issue with sunxi-spl.bin) but still need write the rootfs to the card.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 29, 2013, 03:57:22 PM
Yes, the uImage is on the first partition. Now is better (issue with sunxi-spl.bin) but still need write the rootfs to the card.

You saw the response in the other thread, I assume? Have you tried with the debian FS in the post you referenced?

SlyCom

I'm trying Linario.

P.S.
I resolved the problem with uImage using solution from other thread.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 29, 2013, 06:37:28 PM
I'm trying Linario.

P.S.
I resolved the problem with uImage using solution from other thread.

I understand. My question was more oriented around trying to debug your problem - in other words, can you get it to work with Debian? If so, then than narrows down what might be wrong.

What error are you receiving now?

SlyCom

Now I have following message:
QuoteU-Boot 2013.10-rc2-08400-g8a4621c (Oct 28 2013 - 13:31:10) Allwinner Technology

CPU:   Allwinner A13/A10s (SUN5I)
Board: A13-OLinuXino
I2C:   ready
DRAM:  512 MiB
MMC:   SUNXI SD/MMC: 0
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
reading uEnv.txt
** Unable to read file uEnv.txt **
Failed to mount ext2 filesystem...
** Unrecognized filesystem type **
reading boot.scr
** Unable to read file boot.scr **
reading script.bin
25489 bytes read in 7 ms (3.5 MiB/s)
reading uImage
4084504 bytes read in 217 ms (18 MiB/s)
Unknown command 'watchdog' - try 'help'
sun5i#

jwischka

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 29, 2013, 09:42:11 PM
I tested only with Linario :(

Try with the Debian FS and the instructions provided. Let us know if it works and we can see how to go from there.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 29, 2013, 10:21:17 PM
The same message with FS Debian.

What happens when you take a card, put one of my images on it, copy your kernel to the first partition (and drivers to the FS)?

SlyCom

I can't get to work any of available instruction how to build and write the Debian/ubuntu image.

I did exactly the same steps like here: http://olimex.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/building-bootable-sd-card-with-debian-linux-image-for-a13-olinuxino/

Except:
Quote# dd if=spl/sunxi-spl.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1024 seek=8
# dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1024 seek=40

I have again the same message:
QuoteU-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc2-08400-g8a4621c (Oct 30 2013 - 05:14:01)
DRAM: 512 MiB
CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
spl: not an uImage at 1600
spl: not an uImage at 80
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

I'm tired. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but tried also http://blog.klava.se/post/debian-sd-card-for-olinuxino-a13 the same results.
The sd card worked yesterday so I assume it's not broken.

davidefa

Take a look at the new post of the wiki:
http://olimex.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/building-debian-sd-card-for-linux-with-kernel-3-4-from-scratch-for-a10s-olinuxino-micro/
It is relative to the A10s but can be converted to the A13

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 30, 2013, 04:25:28 PM
I can't get to work any of available instruction how to build and write the Debian/ubuntu image.

I did exactly the same steps like here: http://olimex.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/building-bootable-sd-card-with-debian-linux-image-for-a13-olinuxino/

Except:
Quote# dd if=spl/sunxi-spl.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1024 seek=8
# dd if=u-boot.bin of=/dev/sdb bs=1024 seek=40

I have again the same message:
QuoteU-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc2-08400-g8a4621c (Oct 30 2013 - 05:14:01)
DRAM: 512 MiB
CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
spl: not an uImage at 1600
spl: not an uImage at 80
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

I'm tired. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but tried also http://blog.klava.se/post/debian-sd-card-for-olinuxino-a13 the same results.
The sd card worked yesterday so I assume it's not broken.

Did you try what I suggested above? Also did you try the instructions for building a card for the a20, which uses a combined u-boot.bin and spl, instead of flashing them separately?

SlyCom

Hi jwischka,

I tried to do as you suggested. During the uImage compilation I have following errors;
Quoteinclude/asm-generic/gpio.h:200:20: error: redefinition of 'gpio_is_valid'

include/linux/gpio.h:48:20: note: previous definition of 'gpio_is_valid' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:210:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_cansleep'

include/linux/gpio.h:113:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_cansleep' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:215:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_get_value_cansleep'

include/linux/gpio.h:120:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_get_value_cansleep' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h: In function 'gpio_get_value_cansleep':

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:218:2: error: implicit declaration of function '__gpio_get_value' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

include/asm-generic/gpio.h: At top level:
include/asm-generic/gpio.h:221:20: error: redefinition of 'gpio_set_value_cansleep'

include/linux/gpio.h:127:20: note: previous definition of 'gpio_set_value_cansleep' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h: In function 'gpio_set_value_cansleep':

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:224:2: error: implicit declaration of function '__gpio_set_value' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:235:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_export

include/linux/gpio.h:133:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_export' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:240:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_export_link'

include/linux/gpio.h:140:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_export_link' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:246:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_sysfs_set_active_low'

include/linux/gpio.h:148:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_sysfs_set_active_low' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:251:20: error: redefinition of 'gpio_unexport'

include/linux/gpio.h:155:20: note: previous definition of 'gpio_unexport' was here

cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [drivers/mmc/host/sunxi-mci.o]
Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/mmc/host] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/mmc] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

If I use your prebuild uImage then everything is ok.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 30, 2013, 09:12:00 PM
Hi jwischka,

I tried to do as you suggested. During the uImage compilation I have following errors;
Quoteinclude/asm-generic/gpio.h:200:20: error: redefinition of 'gpio_is_valid'

include/linux/gpio.h:48:20: note: previous definition of 'gpio_is_valid' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:210:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_cansleep'

include/linux/gpio.h:113:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_cansleep' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:215:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_get_value_cansleep'

include/linux/gpio.h:120:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_get_value_cansleep' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h: In function 'gpio_get_value_cansleep':

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:218:2: error: implicit declaration of function '__gpio_get_value' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:221:20: error: redefinition of 'gpio_set_value_cansleep'

include/linux/gpio.h:127:20: note: previous definition of 'gpio_set_value_cansleep' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h: In function 'gpio_set_value_cansleep':

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:224:2: error: implicit declaration of function '__gpio_set_value' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:235:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_export

include/linux/gpio.h:133:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_export' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:240:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_export_link'

include/linux/gpio.h:140:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_export_link' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:246:19: error: redefinition of 'gpio_sysfs_set_active_low'

include/linux/gpio.h:148:19: note: previous definition of 'gpio_sysfs_set_active_low' was here

include/asm-generic/gpio.h:251:20: error: redefinition of 'gpio_unexport'

include/linux/gpio.h:155:20: note: previous definition of 'gpio_unexport' was here

cc1: some warnings being treated as errors
make[3]: *** [drivers/mmc/host/sunxi-mci.o]
Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/mmc/host] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers/mmc] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

If I use your prebuild uImage then everything is ok.

Ok - so I'm going to need some more information here.

What exactly are you doing in these two steps?

1) I thought you weren't having problems compiling the kernel? Did you change something so that you're now having issues when compiling uImage? If so, what did you change?

2) What I was suggesting was to take my prebuilt image (which is properly partitioned with uboot, etc) and then copy your uImage, file system, and drivers (replacing mine). Is that what you did, or did you just flash my image?