[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwischka

Quote from: drspastic on January 23, 2013, 01:49:40 PM
thought of hosting files as a torrent? it might get download speed up. i will happily seed latest images.
im now downloading 9 and will post a report later.
im glad it wasnt just me being stupid with r8 networking!

No - I haven't thought of hosting it as a torrent, but I have thought about researching why Apache seems to be capping download speeds. The server is in a rack that has a solid 100MBit up, so the internet pipe itself isn't the problem.

That sounds like a weekend project, though...

Bernd

What bus clock did you set for the i2c interfaces? I'm trying to connect an UEXT MOD-IO2 board and the communication doesn't work.

I have used the lastest firmware for that board, but still no luck, At the moment I use R5 of your image.

jwischka

Quote from: Bernd on January 23, 2013, 04:21:54 PM
What bus clock did you set for the i2c interfaces? I'm trying to connect an UEXT MOD-IO2 board and the communication doesn't work.

I have used the lastest firmware for that board, but still no luck, At the moment I use R5 of your image.

Should be 100kHz - I'll check and make sure, but I'm fairly certain I reset that when things got borked. R10 images are up, but I'll verify the clock speed before posting the links.

Bernd

Quote from: jwischka on January 23, 2013, 04:51:02 PM
Quote from: Bernd on January 23, 2013, 04:21:54 PM

Should be 100kHz - I'll check and make sure, but I'm fairly certain I reset that when things got borked. R10 images are up, but I'll verify the clock speed before posting the links.

Thanks. I will install the R10 image and then I can be sure that the clock speed isn't the problem. :-) 100kHz schould be fine.

jwischka

R10 images posted.

Kernel recompiled to disable power save for wireless modules. Also recompiled with on-board wireless support built in. Wireless stability should be improved from R9, and R9 images are now deprecated. Please report any wireless stability issues

With regard to I2C, clock speed is confirmed to be 100kHz - i2cdetect works fine, so it shouldn't be a kernel problem.

Get current video version (R10) here.
Get current headless version (R10) here.

Report any issues. R11 may be a linaro build instead of Debian - we'll see.

buzibus

Quote from: jwischka on January 23, 2013, 05:59:20 AM
Somewhat odd - the card I have been pulling images from hasn't changed, so I'm not sure why it is a few sectors longer than other cards.

Is this a brand new card? Have you used it for anything? I'm wondering if there may be some issues with bad blocks marked on the card?

The problem might reside in the fact that storage equipment manufacturers often abuse the meaning of the SI Gigabyte .

For them a GB is 10^9 and not 1073741824 bytes as the SI defines (1024*1024*1024). So 4 GB becomes around 3.7 GB. Take a few more bytes for volume information and the available space goes down to 3.6GB ( that's what windows reports ).

Anyway I've bought a 8GB card to be able to use your images as downloaded.

You should look into creating torrents for this, you might save yourself some bandwidth :)

Downloading R10 video version right now.

Thank you or your work.

jwischka

What it fundamentally comes down to is that the cards are of difference sizes - significantly, in this case. When I pull the image, it reads my entire card, whatever sectors are actually there, which it seems are more sectors than on some other people's cards. The ideal thing to do would be to maintain some 2gb cards and let everyone extend to 4 - but that's a pain for them, and I don't have a 2gb card around - and on top of that, the images are hard to fit on 2gb anyway.

We're not actually charged for bandwidth on a per-byte basis, so it's not a big deal... just have to stay under 50mbps 95% of the time, which isn't too hard to do for our application.

Quote from: buzibus on January 23, 2013, 10:34:04 PM
Quote from: jwischka on January 23, 2013, 05:59:20 AM
Somewhat odd - the card I have been pulling images from hasn't changed, so I'm not sure why it is a few sectors longer than other cards.

Is this a brand new card? Have you used it for anything? I'm wondering if there may be some issues with bad blocks marked on the card?

The problem might reside in the fact that storage equipment manufacturers often abuse the meaning of the SI Gigabyte .

For them a GB is 10^9 and not 1073741824 bytes as the SI defines (1024*1024*1024). So 4 GB becomes around 3.7 GB. Take a few more bytes for volume information and the available space goes down to 3.6GB ( that's what windows reports ).

Anyway I've bought a 8GB card to be able to use your images as downloaded.

You should look into creating torrents for this, you might save yourself some bandwidth :)

Downloading R10 video version right now.

Thank you or your work.

drspastic

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:52f6a7d1e5dad3e058ca50a3e83f8d2d9678dced&dn=olinuxino%5Fxfce-r10-video.zip&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fannounce.torrentsmd.com%3A8080%2Fannounce

it took a long time to download the last image so im posting a magnet so it can be downloaded from here as well. i have unlimited upload and can give about 1.5 M/s

if this is naughty in any way, then scrub the link, otherwise im happy to keep a torrent of the latest and greatest image alive 24/7 from here in bulgaria.

jwischka

I've got no problems with it.

Quote from: drspastic on January 23, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:52f6a7d1e5dad3e058ca50a3e83f8d2d9678dced&dn=olinuxino%5Fxfce-r10-video.zip&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fannounce.torrentsmd.com%3A8080%2Fannounce

it took a long time to download the last image so im posting a magnet so it can be downloaded from here as well. i have unlimited upload and can give about 1.5 M/s

if this is naughty in any way, then scrub the link, otherwise im happy to keep a torrent of the latest and greatest image alive 24/7 from here in bulgaria.

ozbekmert

When i go in /dev i was ttyS0 ttyS1 ttyS2 and ttyS3. As far as i understood that ttyS0 is uart1. Since olinuxino-wifi supports 2 UART. What ttyS[1-2-3] corresponds to?

One more thing:  i could not type "|" this symbol in R9 image.   

jwischka

Quote from: ozbekmert on January 24, 2013, 12:29:12 AM
When i go in /dev i was ttyS0 ttyS1 ttyS2 and ttyS3. As far as i understood that ttyS0 is uart1. Since olinuxino-wifi supports 2 UART. What ttyS[1-2-3] corresponds to?

One more thing:  i could not type "|" this symbol in R9 image.

a) Different consoles.

b) You might need to change your keyboard mapping - I'm not sure what the default is, but I'm guessing 104 key english, which might not be what you are using.

drspastic

can someone please scrub my torrent post! the image does not seem to be ok. burned to card fine but the directories in second patition are corrupt. i will download again and test/repost. thanks and sorry

drspastic

buzibus

Finally :) I'm running the R10 Video version and it's looking good but:

- what's is the root password for su ? I've tried olinuxino, password and root... none worked :(
- shouldn't "shutdown -h now" work? how do I make sure I don't corrupt this image?
- I'm going to try to have WPA2 working... is this possible?

I'm uploading this image (r10) to https://mega.co.nz/ and I'll share the link when its done, should be faster ( it took me nearly 4h at +-74KBs :''( )

jwischka

Quote from: drspastic on January 24, 2013, 01:28:22 AM
can you post  the checksum of v10 please

SHA1: C7C981CB554B5D369E88FD859B01828245C10DAF

Quote from: buzibus on January 24, 2013, 02:30:04 AM

Finally :) I'm running the R10 Video version and it's looking good but:

- what's is the root password for su ? I've tried olinuxino, password and root... none worked :(
- shouldn't "shutdown -h now" work? how do I make sure I don't corrupt this image?
- I'm going to try to have WPA2 working... is this possible?

I'm uploading this image (r10) to https://mega.co.nz/ and I'll share the link when its done, should be faster ( it took me nearly 4h at +-74KBs :''( )

1) You can change the password via sudo if you need to. Or better yet, just use sudo. I think I remember the su pw, but I'm not sure to be honest. The point is that it shouldn't be posted, or easily guessed, thereby creating a security risk. Thus it isn't.

2) Yes, it should work. Since we are using a journalled file system, you are relatively safe in killing power to the board, but there is always the chance of corruption.

3) Ok... so maybe I should look into why Apache is being slow. Perhaps this evening. Or tomorrow. Or sometime.  Since I have direct vpn access to the machine, I never use http for transfers. I'll look into it.