March 28, 2024, 12:10:27 PM

ARM-USB-OCD-H and FRDM-K64F

Started by thomasl, March 17, 2016, 01:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasl

Dear all,

I have a weird problem with my Kinetis board. I use k64 configuration files from here: https://community.freescale.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/409196-1-276040/scripts.zip
with OpenOCD 0.9.0. I start it on the console as follows:
openocd -f interface/ftdi/olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h.cfg -f interface/ftdi/olimex-arm-jtag-swd.cfg -f target/k60.cfg -c "init; reset halt" and get back:
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.9.0 (2016-02-17-11:28)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
Info : FTDI SWD mode enabled
Info : add flash_bank kinetis k60.flash
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
none separate
cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq
Info : clock speed 1000 kHz
Info : SWD IDCODE 0x2ba01477
Info : k60.cpu: hardware has 6 breakpoints, 4 watchpoints
Info : MDM: Chip is unsecured. Continuing.
Info : MDM: Chip is unsecured. Continuing.
target state: halted
target halted due to debug-request, current mode: Thread
xPSR: 0x01000000 pc: 0x000004d0 msp: 0x20030000

So far so good and I don's see anything ugly here. Then I start my gdb and print "target remote localhost:3333", what ends in bunch of errors.

Info : accepting 'gdb' connection on tcp/3333
Error: MCU is unsupported
Error: auto_probe failed
Error: Connect failed. Consider setting up a gdb-attach event for the target to prepare target for GDB connect, or use 'gdb_memory_map disable'.
Error: attempted 'gdb' connection rejected

I don't want to believe, that this generic Cortex-M4 MCU is not supported. Or am I doing something very wrong?

Thank you!

JohnS

Not supported by what?  (You should post on a relevant place.  So far as you put, the JTAG device works.)

I suggest you try gdb or oocd places...

John

LubOlimex

Hey,

The command line seems proper. Your GDB approach also.

Did you try with the default script for the target in the OpenOCD? There is a script k60.cfg in "...\scripts\target".

I also recommend you to test with a newer build of OpenOCD. You can get such from Freddie Chopin's web site (OpenOCD dev section).

Finally, if the problem persists it might be a better idea to check and post in the OpenOCD mail list - the chances for solution are higher there.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

thomasl

Thank you for support. Since I am not proficient with writing configuration scripts I'll go for some other SWD/JTAG tool.

JohnS

Why not ask on Oocd ML (mailing list)?  Post -d3 output log.

There are people who use Kinetis stuff there.

John