How can i fix it?

A
0 (0%)
B
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

nhuan

Hi everyone,

I'm newbie to openocd. I'm using Micrel KSZ8382L Eval board and trying to download uboot.bin to the flash memmory through JTAG interface. I had connected Olimex ARM-USB-OCD-H to the board, powered the board.

But when I typed this to the Command Prompt:
"C:\openocd-0.7.0>bin\openocd-0.7.0.exe –f scripts\interface\olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h.cfg -f scripts\board\ks8380l.cfg"

It showed me the error:
*****************************************************************************************
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.7.0 (2013-05-05-10:41)
Licensed under GNU GPL v2
For bug reports, read
        http://openocd.sourceforge.net/doc/doxygen/bugs.html
adapter speed: 1000 kHz
Runtime Error: C:/openocd-0.7.0/bin/../scripts/target/ks8380.cfg:34: invalid com
mand name "jtag"
in procedure 'script'
at file "embedded:startup.tcl", line 58
at file "scripts\board\ks8380l.cfg", line 3
at file "C:/openocd-0.7.0/bin/../scripts/target/ks8380.cfg", line 34
*****************************************************************************************

How can I fix it?

Thanks very much.

LubOlimex

Hey,

I'm not sure what operating system are you using but your slashes and backslashes might be the problem. Also I'm not sure if you should use the configuration in /scripts/interface/ or that in /scripts/interface/ftdi/ - try both.

Try to use:

–f scripts/interface/ftdi/olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h.cfg instead of –f scripts\interface\olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h.cfg

As a general newbie tip I would recommend you to leave any scripts initially and just test the simplest connection possible and send parameters directly to the OpenOCD via a second terminal program. Establish connection between the OpenOCD, the debugger and the target in the first terminal. Send commands to OpenOCD via the second terminal. This is explained in the user's manual of ARM-USB-OCD-H.

Best regards.
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex