How to work with AVR JTAG L with Arduino Micro

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Arun YVS

Hi
I`am using Arduino Micro(ATMEGA32U4 controller), I brought AVR JTAG L Debugger but I`am unable to work it out. When I try to connect the Debugger in AVR Studio 4.19 and 4.13 version it is throwing an error"Debugger has been detected but  not returning its JTAG ID".

Please suggest..................  :'(

LubOlimex

Hey,

AVR-JTAG-L is a replica of Atmel JTAGICE. Like the original Atmel JTAGICE (MK1 !!!), AVR-JTAG-L supports only: ATmega16, ATmega32, ATMega323, ATmega162, ATmega169, ATmega128

This is mentioned at least a couple of times on the product page here: https://www.olimex.com/Products/AVR/Programmers/AVR-JTAG-L/

AVR-JTAG-L can not debug ATmega32u4.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Arun YVS

Could you please suggest the Debugger&Programmer that supports the ATMEGA32U4. :-\

LubOlimex

Hey,

If you are looking for a programmer I would suggest Olimex AVR-ISP500. It can program almost any AVR microcontroller that has ISP programming interface. It works with a lot of software tools. The price is good.

If you are looking for a debugger then probably Atmel-ICE is a good option. I've heard good things about Atmel-ICE. Also the basic version seems to be at a good price.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex