SSH connection after installation of new official Jessie image

Started by nabbal, November 25, 2015, 10:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nabbal

Hello,

I have a few A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2.
With the old Wheezy image, I could connect to the board via SSH over ethernet on 192.168.1.254, straight after a new installation on a SD card (as described in the user manual).

With the new image, I can't. Pinging 192.168.1.254 fail. Is this authentication method deprecated?

It was convenient for me as I use the boards headless...

JohnS

Just set up the network like in any Linux.  x.x.x.254 is not what you'd usually use.

John

nabbal

The idea was to be able to connect to the board right after the installation, without pluging a monitor, a keyboard etc. And then to configure everything including the network interfaces. With the new Jessie image, I did not manage to do it.

JohnS

It can be done, of course.  You can mount on PC, change files to config the net, etc.  You can probably find examples on the net (maybe even this forum) for similar boards.

I find using a static IP addr is easiest.

John

nabbal

I managed to connect to the board with a USB cable connected on the USB_OTG port, and with a ssh connection on 192.168.2.1.
In the file /etc/network/interfaces, the following line is commented:
#auto eth0
So the ethernet interface is not mounted on startup, this is the reason I was not able to access the board through it.