Problems with monitor connecting via HDMI

Started by Romiin, October 06, 2015, 11:50:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romiin

Hi!

I'm having problems getting anything to display on my monitor. The monitor is connected from the HDMI output from the Lime2 via an HDMI-DVI adapter into the monitor. No signal is received by the monitor!

I have checked that the board works with by using serial connection to the computer.

Can there be a problem with using an HDMI-DVI adapter? Does the screen need an HDMI input for it to work or is it another problem?

Regards,
Andreas

Pawel_W

I had problems with monitors too (signal out of range), so I connected my A20 Lime2 to Full HD TV (Samsung 32").
In my opinion Android on A20 Lime2 produces non-standard HDMI signal that some monitors can't accept, because navigation buttons are partially hidden under the TV frame.

lhavc

It was due to incorrect negotiation of monitor acceptable signal, as we know HDMI specification does support both RGB and YCbCr signal, and optional audio data. I found that sunxi HDMI driver may enable audio output for a monitor which only has DVI interface, result in display problem. To solve that a simple way is patch hdmi_core.c in drivers/video/sunxi/hdmi, change "audio_enable" to 0. Also, make sure macro YUV_COLORSPACE is not set, as DVI spec can only accept RGB signal.